It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
(female)

Rick O HB User
Androgel TRT and Pregenolone

This has been my experince in the last 6-8 months I have spent countless Hrs reading all posts on this topic here and on the steroid forums I'm interested in any opinions, thearys, knowledge as this is my 1st post.
Been using Andro Gel for the last 6 mnths (10/2010)started this after T level was 186 after 6 weeks my T level had dropped to 102 the Dr increased the dosage of andro gel to 10 grams per day after another 6 weeks we rechecked all hormone levels Because I suspected the the extra T was converting to Estrogen. The test came back and T level was up to 536 Estrogen was ok but I did not feel any different over all, maybe slight improvement.
How ever I had him check DHT level and it sky rocketed to 1762 almost 2 1/2 times higher then normal. I did some extensesive online research and found TRT therapy raises the undesireable DHT levels which can lead to prostate enlargement etc hair loss an mood swings.
I concluded that pregneolone taken sublingualy or the rub on creme might help reduce the bad side effects from the Andro Gel and ordered this particular product
I started taking this supplement daily in the mourning combined with diet excercise and zinc supplmentation feb 14th and as of april 5 I had lost 25 lbs my total cholesterol dropped from 235 to 172 triglycerid level dropped to 186 and my T level increased to 886 and psa level only increased to .61 from .43
I wake up during the night and now find I have an erection which can last several hrs till I finaly awake in the mourning and find this fact quit refreshing since it has been yrs since this accured.
It also seems as thou that I have gained some length an thickness to my non erect penis (looks and feels larger)and my testicles are for me extremly larger but they no longer ach or feel tender like before I started using the pregneolone.
After my recent Dr visit He has decreased the dosage of Andro gel from 10grams per day to 8 grams. he feels 886 T level is to high and I no longer are taking any cholestrol medications.
I can't discount the use of the pregneolone as I think it help to balance out all hormones and maybe increase the ones I needed and in time I hope I can stop using the Andro gel all together.
I have reordered another bottle of pregnenolone sub 25mg.
At 53 yrs old I feel more like my old self at 30 all natural is the way to go
Yes I have a copy of Dr E Shippen T syndrome and read it sevral times
I have also learned a few tricks with the Androgel and other OTC products that I think have helped me so far that I m willing to share if asked to.
My family Dr feels the HCG treatment theray is unfounded an I am seeing a new Urologist in the near future fresh out of school at 27yrs old. to see what he recommends

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2011, 02:32 AM   #2
(male)

tomthegasman HB User
Re: Androgel TRT and Pregenolone

Hi Rick, Could you please share more info "tricks" on using Androgel. Also, my insurance covers Androgel wouldn't cover pregneolone; any reliable sources you know of. Take care, Tom

Old 04-24-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
(female)

Rick O HB User

Ok I have recently been to the DR office for follow up and test results from blood work done Total T went up to 865 over 700 is considered high PSA went from .43 to .61 my DHT level was 1780 3 months ago but noted by Dr with NO concern.. Triglycrides went from 330 to 81 total cholesterol went from 230 to 185 36 HDL 133LDL I was taking Tricore to improve cholesterol an triglycrides with the Dr approva I NO longer take any cholesterol lower drugs period that was one good thing.
I also managed to lose 30lbs in 3mnths time at 6foot 1 Im a big dude who is use to doing bull work everyday for 11-12 hrs perday as a truck driver moving all types of heavy frieght ever day for LTL company with 15-20 stops perday but currently on a workmans comp claim so I do nothing as lifting more then 25 lbs exceeds my current weight limit.'
At the peak I weighed 285 at xmas I now weigh 250lbs I am also a former amatuer body builder never used ANY steriod type drugs but has some knowledge of how the steroid junkies cycle there junk to gain size and mass I also now how to loose weight or diet.
I will continue in detail after I post this portion

Old 04-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
(female)

Rick O HB User

Continued: My diet, excerise,OTC weight lose supplement combo

In my prime at 40yrs old I weighed 215-220lbs looked and felt great while I was lifting and training I was very strong with no health issues then but in time over 10yrs things went down as I stopped training with weights just doing daily work my eating habits also declined as well over eating an drinking everything with exception to alcohol as I am also a recovering alcoholic with now 15 yrs of sobriety and have experimented with some recreational type drugs very nominal thou prior to my partying years in late 20s an 30s.
To lose the excess weight I gained over the past 10-13 yrs I began to excersize by using a norditrac elptical machine start slow but pushing to gain more effects of a cardio workout with the help of caffein asprin and pseudoephedrine or 2 lrg coffee's 4 81 mg asprin 2 cold tabs with 30mgs of pseudoephedrine cold tablets 15-20mins prior to 25minute cardio workout. This combination is a proven weight lose aid as it suppress's the appeitite and increases the burning of fat cells within the blood.
You do how ever start to build up a tolerance to the ephedrine an need to increse the dosage by 1 cold tablet ever 2 days but yet limiting total daily intake to just 1 dosage not ever 6 hrs as the ephedrine effects wear off after 6-8hrs and taking 2-3 days off and not taking any of this combination.
The diet is simple basicaly the atkins type diet no carbs or sugar veggies with low or no starch content no bread or grains
Typicaly I eat 2 jumbo eggs fried in butter with one slice of whole wheat toast 1 sm apple no bananas after cardio workout
mid afternoon I snack on 3-4 ozs of roasted peanuts 2-3 ozs of beef jerky and 1oz chunk of sharp cheeze
evening I make 1 full size chicken breast no skin seasoned in slow cooked butter frying pan or 2 pork chops grilled, 1 1/3lb lean hamburger grilled on wholewheat mini thin w/cheese, 1 10-12oz ribeye or strip steak, 10-12 oz of baked fish w/tarter sauce, deer meat,canned chicken soup any with no noddles with grilled cheese
All the above with an exlarge tossed salad w/goobs of regular bleu chesse dressing or thosands islands made with dark green leaf letuce, cheery tomatoes, onion,fresh mushrooms,cucumbers, half avacado,
NO pasta or potatoes,yams, corn, starchy noodles of any kind
later on I also eat a few sugar free cookies that have splenda in them just to satisfie my craving for sugar sweets
everthing I drink is sweeted with splenda coffee w/half an half, lemonade, ice tea, reduced calorie apple juice
The diet,excercise and OTC drug combination works very moderatly for me as I lost 2-3lbs per week depending what I ate somedays more some less peanuts helped considerable
I also allow 1 meal perweek to eat out usualy do the beer batter dipped hadock w/ french frys an slaw or 12oz prime rib w/frys an salad
I will continue after posting this

Old 04-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
(female)

Rick O HB User

Continue: Experimenting with Androgel, weight lose,OTC drug combo

As stated before I have done an exhaustive search online learning, reading comments, about androgel, testostrone, TRT hormone therapy,and related health topics from varies sources. A ton of info here and many thxs to all who contributed. lots of intersting things are spoke of on the body builders steroid user forums all 3...Those guys are very knowledgeable of how all the different steroids combos work together an perhaps know more then any endo Dr can imagine as they have 1st hand experince with anabolic steroids what works, whats health, whats going overboard or dangerous.
They consider a perscription for TRT therapy or testostrone a blessing an treat it like they hit the lottery.
My do's an don'ts
#1 Never apply androgel to the testicles or penis, yea it does burn sum you feel sorta good for hr afterwards but doing this made my testicles feel achy tingelie most of the day. from a body builder's stand point this a good thing they know the extra T is there so it helps them generate more muscle mass. for regular guys like me it increases the DHT levels making you irratable hair loss creats peaks an lows increases prostate size cant pee again, loss of mourning erection for 2 days
Why does this happen you absorb more androgel to fast thru the thin skin and the 5h receptors are there to convert it to DHT big mistake.
#2 One mourning while slopping 10grams of androgel on my chest in a hurry, A big gob of it hit the mirror in the bathroom after returning 1 hr later I noticed it ran down the mirror it dryed an was like a paste glued fast to the glass I tryed to clean "scratch it off" with little result so I opened my tool box found a razor blade an cleaned it off the mirror it flaked off like thin cigarette paper would ...Bingo... a strange thought entried my sick mind again taking me back to my party yrs!
I thought whats left there after the alcohol dries out from the androgel hmmmm T is left and corbomer they use to make this gel.
I read some were a normal T injection was about 100mg per week and the steroid guys might push this to maybe 200mg shots when they cycle.
one pump of androgel is 1.25grams dryed on a mirror should in theray be 125mg... chop it up with a blade snorted into the sinus's in small quanitys like cocaine and you should be able to get roughly 60-80% T absorbed in the sinus an thus in the blood system uping the total T and getting better results or higher T levels daily
Dont do this... Same result will happen as applying it on your testicles an penis read above plus it burns inside your nose for a while making that area very tender.
#3 Do not apply androgel to your nipples it makes them supper sensitive after while. Now I know what a womans feels like whe she gets sexualy stimulated an in cold weather they get extremely sensitive, I also thought this feeling was from increased estrogen levels(man boobs) but was proven wrong with blood work. I also believe there are more 5h receptors there as well converting more T to DHT

I have found thru research an practical application the best place to apply androgel is on the underside of both arms to the top of were your arm bends, forearms and the armpit area beneath and or around the hairline soft skin area were the sun dont shine much. I stay away from shoulders, upperchest, an back areas as I think there is less blood flow in the skin there, Were as your arms have more blood flowing threw them back and forth constantly.
I wipe any excess gel from my fingers on my neck below my ears, then apply a small amount of water to my hands and fingers to lift/mix any remaining gel and wipe that off on the back of my hips and back then throughly wash my hands clean.
I have also found I dont get that stickie slimmy feeling when I shower any more as when I appled the majority of the gel to my chest when I 1st started using androgel.
I take a 25mg sublingual pregnenolone tablet OTC I ordered from Amazon made by Douglas labs 60 tablets 20 bucks I feel it's cheap insurance to insure that my Hormones are getting equalized so that my testicles DO NOT start to shrink if anything they feel like they have gotten larger resently over the last 3mnths after experimenting with foolish application an uptake technics

Actual my Dr has reduced my daily script for androgel from 10grams to 7.5 grams and feel the pregnenolone is working for me in more ways then One

I also supplement with a cheap mutlivitamin and 2 60mg of zinc and follow all the suggests in Dr Shippens T book that hinder natural T production

I am going to a new fresh out of med school Urologist this week and confronting him about treatments with HCG injections and Dr Shippens theroys and see if the prenenolone is actualy playing a part in natural hormone replacement with out using androgel over time.

Currently I feel fantasic I have strong mourning erections everyday that actual wake me up sometimes I feel like I did in my early 20s able to have erection with sexual suggestive thoughts, better orgasms, feels more intense,feel like having sex more often, lots more energy, quick to think clearly, stay focused numerous other things I can think of.
Prior to my treatment Oh God rarly did I ever have a mourning erection things looked real bleak to me felt like I was totaly usless whats 65yrs old gona feel like.

My main goal is to permantly get off the androgel as its to expensive,addictive and maybe risk long term health issues

My advise to anyone lose weight,stop smoking,stop drinking alcohol,stop eating what the goverment tells us to eat,avoid corn syrup, canola oils,sugar,soybean, processed foods,etc etc , excersize daily

Anyone wanting more info please post here to ask

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-24-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
(male)

tomthegasman HB User

Rick, Great info; thanks. I purchased some pregnenolone;glad it was OTC and inexpensive. Salesperson said to combine with DHEA, either 25 mg of each daily or 50mg of each on alternate days. What do you think? Also, have question on applying Androgel.Some just "slop" on and let dry; others rub in. As I am rather hairy and have heard that hair will not absorb Androgel, I rub it in vigorously on inside of arms and sides of abs after showering. Is one way better than another? Thanks again, Tom

Old 04-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
(female)

Rick O HB User

Tom, Pregneolone is the basic chemical compound that all the rest of hormones are made from. example gasoline is made from sweet crude oil,its a by product extracted from crude oil. pregnenolone is the crude oil all other hormones including DHEA Testosterone Estrogen DHT and all other important hormones are all by products made with the basic chemical Pregnenolone its the begining.
Pregnenolone is synthesized in the body from cholesterol, the good HDL cholesterol.
Pregnenolone deficiency is thought to be more common due to reducing cholesterol levels.By taking chostesterol lowering drugs
Pregnenolone taking by pill form an swollowed is reduced to zero effectiveness in the stomach an liver.
BUT Pregnenolone sublingal is placed under the tongue or in your mouth next to the gums an cheek and dissolves and enters your body directly to your blood stream its not swollowed I take 25 mg every day in the mourning it takes about 30-45 mins to dissolve while I drink my coffee. I just kind of isolate it in my mouth as it dissolves the longer it takes the more Pregnenolone you absorbe into your blood system.
I DO NOT reccomend taking any DHEA as most of it has the potential of turning into DHT
High DHT levels are potential risk for increased prostate size an or becoming cancerous also DHT is what cause's mens hair to stop growing or fall out
There are numerous other bad things associated with high DHT levels just type DHT in a search for more info.
Depending on how much Androgel you are prescribed is how I would approach application.Thus elimnating over use at one area if your hairy on outter arms chest and shoulders.
I am not Hairy but have shaved my chest and arms to help aid in absorbtion but after applying on the inside of my arms forarms and flank area I dont worry about the shaving any longer.
I currently are prescribed 7.5 grams perday or 6 pumps from the androgel pump bottle I split the application 2 pumps one on each arm in the mourning then before I relax to watch TV around 7 pm I apply the other 4 pumps to the same area so when Im resting or sleeping its being absorbed in to my body I know they say to put it on in the mourning but I like it to be there in the mourning and so will your wife if you know what I mean.
The DR had me on 8 pumps per day or 10grams of androgel and thats when I was more careless try to get it all on at one shot thats when I started experimenting with some in the mourning then later on in the evening.
I consider one blob at 1.25 gram dose
so 2 blobs mourning 4 blobs evening
The Dr tried prescribing the packets I had him change it to the pump bottle as if you cant real tell what half a packet contains or the correct amount to split the dosage
I try to smear 2 blobs(evening) on the underside of each arm I start with placeing it in the crease of the arm (were they draw your blood from) and working it up and under my arms being care it doesnt slide off on to the floor
if you use the pump bottle I store laying on side not standing up as I think maybe all the t falls to the bottom and stays there till your almost mt and if you cut the top of the pump there usualy 1-2 more grams left inside the alumin pouch and pump mechanism just hold your finger over the inside an press down on the pump 2 times an it will shoot out be ready as it flys out I take a q tip and clean the nozzle area out to cut the alumin pouch apart and wipe it on my arm
After all I treat the Androgel like its gold as its big bucks if you got a buy it!
let me know okay

Old 04-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
(male)

tomthegasman HB User

Rick, Thanks for all the detailed posts. Much appreciated. Let us know of any new developments with your new urologist. Take care, Tom

Last edited by tomthegasman; 04-27-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: double post

Old 04-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
(male)

tomthegasman HB User

Rick, Thanks for all the detailed posts. Much appreciated. Let us know of any new developments with your new urologist. Take care, Tom

Closed Thread