It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
(male)

geek35 HB User
Swollen, itchy Penis

so it started with some reddish, itchy rashes on the bikini area then i tried some hydrocortizone cream for a few days but didn't help then became itchy and last saturday i noticed it was itchy on the penis shaft too and the foreskin then last night i was swelling and the foreskin too. right now i am having a slight fever.

Symptoms are :
-Red, tender swollen inch thick ring around penis (no sores, rash, itching or bumps present). Swelling is not hard mass like, it feels more like puffy skin.
-Sore areas around groin area
-Yesterday I was all sore and slightly achy.
-No pain or trouble urinating.

i scheduled to see a doctor this wednesday and i will be having a blood tests tomorrow and i was worried what if the conditions worsens tomorrow? i don't have any medications taken yet except for benadryl for itching.

any suggestions? thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
(female)

myria579 HB User
Re: Swollen, itchy Penis

If you shaved the skin may have been irritated. If you put that cream then touched your shaft, you may have a reaction to the cream. Your skin is sensitive there, so those types of creams aren't too good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
(male)

geek35 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriatheoret View Post
If you shaved the skin may have been irritated. If you put that cream then touched your shaft, you may have a reaction to the cream. Your skin is sensitive there, so those types of creams aren't too good.
thanks. yeah i usually do shave a lot and i also put creams to get rid of itchyness. should i really be concerned at this moment? what possible medications will the doctor give?

Old 10-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
(female)

myria579 HB User

The doctor will simply examen you and prescribe you a cream or pills. It may be an allergic reaction, i'd see a doctor to make sure everything is ok. If you like, you may consult a pharmacist before, but he would probably tell you to see a doctor. I don't see what it can be besides that. Try using moisturing creams, or change your shaver until you find one that doesn't irritate your skin. But stop using hydrocortizone cream because I honestly think that you are having an allergic reaction to it.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
(male)

geek35 HB User

thank you again for the advice. will let you know how it goes after seing the doctor.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
(female)

myria579 HB User

Your welcome, keep me informed and good luck !

Old 10-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
(male)

geek35 HB User

hi

just got back.

a little update, went to the doctor last week and he diagnosed it as an "Jock Itch" he said it has a fungal infection around it so he gave me a clotrimazole/betameth cream applied 2 times daily for 4 weeks.

so far has been good. the swelling is gone and the redness seems lighter than before.

thank god for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to geek35 For This Useful Post:
Avondaleguy77 (11-06-2012)
Old 10-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
(female)

myria579 HB User

Alright. So it wasn't an allergic reaction. Ok that can happen to men most of the time. I don't know what is the cause but just take what the doc gave you. I'm glad to hear you are doing better !

Last edited by mod85; 10-24-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Closed Thread