It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
(male)

rrkr3298 HB User
Injection site for Testosterone Cypionate

Not sure where to post this, apologies in advance.

I take 1 ML every two weeks. I give myself the injections in my calf muscles, alternating them each time. I have used the thighs, and occasionally the upper butt cheek.

The calf is so much more convenient. Every once in awhile I get a little blood, but probably from going through a vein. I use 22 gauge needles, anywhere from 1 inch to 1 1/2 long. I have had no problems, just wondering if this was ok to do, should I change it, or am I running the risk of not getting all the benefit needed, etc. Thanks for any help or information

Old 11-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
(male)

boscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB User
Re: Injection site for Testosterone Cypionate

I do injections also.....doc recommends upper butt cheek. I am sure any large muscle is fine. I am assuming you have substantive calfs....if not thigh or butt

Every two weeks however seems to long an interval.....I am on weekly and looking to go bi-weekly or more....I find good feelings for first 3 days and then a crash about the 5th day.

Are you taking HCG ? Help keep testes alive

Lou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
(male)

rrkr3298 HB User

Sorry in advance for a long response. Some is just venting...............

Yes my calf muscles are able to handle it well, as are my thighs and butt. I The Calf is just much more convenient because I don't have to undress. I usually keep this med at work because at home I am generally too busy to take the 5 minutes to do it, or forget when I do have a minute.

I was on one 200/mg injection a month, and went to 2, which seems to be about as good as it gets - 200mg/ml every 2 weeks. That is such a low dose that it really doesn't matter. What effect I get (if any) is very subtle (placebo effect??). They are hesitant to go more than 400 per month, without blood test after blood test, and then want to turf you off to a urologist.....yada yada yada. I had actually been off of it for 3 months because they wanted to do blood work before renewing it. As stated, it's rare that I have any time during the day to do anything, much less run to the doctor. I didn't notice much difference.

Body builders ( I am not advocating this) take 3 times that amount in a day. I don't want that obviously, but I'd like to try doubling to 1ml/week. I generally feel pretty crappy (blah) all the time. I thought I was bipolar or something, & had been on several anti depressants ( no effect whatsoever from any of the many) went to see a Psych. He said I had adhd, and put me on adderal, 20mg xr twice a day. He was adamant that I stay on the testosterone as well. I thought the adderal would be the "end all be all" to my woes. I had a couple of friends (I am a cop BTW), respond " adderal !! cool, that doc really hooked you up" most potent legal stimulant there is".

Whatever...........again, as with everything I take, mild effects at best. I have been on other stuff for months/years, and just quit cold turkey with no ill effect, as they had no real effect anyway when on them. I guess I just have a unique system that meds have no effect on. Kind of frustrating.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrkr3298 View Post
I take 1 ML every two weeks. I give myself the injections in my calf muscles, alternating them each time. I have used the thighs, and occasionally the upper butt cheek.
You don't find walking after the injection painful? The upper outer butt on either side is the preferred location.

I inject twice a week now just into the love handle region. Using a diabetic needle #29. It is a small injection and virtually painless.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
(male)

rrkr3298 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
You don't find walking after the injection painful? The upper outer butt on either side is the preferred location.

I inject twice a week now just into the love handle region. Using a diabetic needle #29. It is a small injection and virtually painless.

No. I massage it in, and have no trouble

Old 11-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #6
(male)

jaydar HB User

I use my outer thigh/ quad...(just right of center right thigh....just left of center left thigh) a couple inches. You find the spot by putting your hand fingertips on knee and note where the heel of your palm is....then place the heel of your palm on your hip/pelvic bone and note where your fingertips are....between those two points you should have plenty of muscle even if skinny and not many veins to puncture. Just draw back a bit on the plunger once you're in and if a few little bubbles come bace into the barrel...you're good to go..if blood comes back into barrel....move to a different spot.

I use the thigh because I have lumbar problems and it's difficult for me to twist my body to view in thee mirror to inject my upper buttock.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by jaydar; 11-10-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Closed Thread