It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
(male)

davidayo83 HB User
29 yr old prescribed Androgel 1.62% -- Should I take it?

Hi guys,

I have been seeking some advice so this is my first post here.

I am 29 years old and over the past few years have been feeling very lathargic with little to no sex drive. I recently had some blood work done and my test level was 297 at around 11am. I scheduled an appointment with an Endo who asked that i do another blood test early in the morning. My test level was 414 @ around 8am this time. The doc said that though 414 would be considered within the low end of the "normal range", I was at this level when my test production should be at its peak. She said that my low test levels could be to blame for my lack of energy and sex drive and prescribed my Androgel 1.62% to try for a month as an experiment. She asked that I only take 1-1.5 pumps daily and see if it had any positive effects on my symptoms.

I haven't yet started the gel becuase I have read a lot of posts online about it shutting down natural production and possibly messing me up badly for the longer term.

Do you guys have any suggestions? My wife and i would like to have kids in the next 12 to 18 months, so I was thinking that i would get off androgel a few months before and then do a month of HCG to stimulate my own production.

Thank you very much for your help!
Wayne

Old 05-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
(male)

davidayo83 HB User
Re: 29 yr old prescribed Androgel 1.62% -- Should I take it?

Here are my full test results:

Free Testosterone: 11.6 (9.3-26.5)
Testoserone Serum: 414 (348-1197)
Prolactin: 11.7 (4.0-15.2)
LH: 3.0 (1.7-8.6)
FSH: 1.3 (1.5-12.4)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
(male)

scottgunz HB User
Re: 29 yr old prescribed Androgel 1.62% -- Should I take it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidayo83 View Post
Here are my full test results:

Free Testosterone: 11.6 (9.3-26.5)
Testoserone Serum: 414 (348-1197)
Prolactin: 11.7 (4.0-15.2)
LH: 3.0 (1.7-8.6)
FSH: 1.3 (1.5-12.4)
Greetings Wayne. I saw your post and think that have some info for you. Iím am not doctor nor do I play one on tv. I do have some experience that may be helpful. You can stay on androgel year round and and still be a canidate for new father of the year, just run HCG cycles 2 or 3 times a year. The formula that works best for me and those I counsel is to use 5,000 iu's in 1 shot on the first day, then another 1,000 iu's every 3rd day for 15 days(total of 5 shots). You may also want to consider running 50mg Clomid (clomiphene citrate)daily. Its effects are similar to hcg but much more mild and donít require cycling on and off. Where hcg comes in like a tornado to get your balls activated, clomid is like a gentle breeze that keeps the boys inspired to go to work every day. Your lh and fsh levels suggest maybe we should take a closer look at pituitary and hypothalamus operation. Prolactin looks fine but if you start having issues with your wood then get those levels checked as prolactin is a common culprit. serum testosterone speaks for itself and free testosterone while in range should be elevated. Free testosterone is actually a big deal because(in overly simplified terms) It is the actual amount of testosterone that is available for you "Manly" functions such as sex drive and athletic endeavors. Free testosterone indicates the amount of testosterone that has not been bound to SHBG(sex hormone binding globulin). One way to free up a little more test is to use stinging nettle root 500 mg 2 or 3 times a day. Iím almost 44 and me and my wife are working on the baby thing too. Wishing you and your soon to be expanding family the best.

Scott

Closed Thread