It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
(male)

ncero HB User
Epididymitis help

About a month ago, a few days before Memorial Day, I started having some discomfort in my right testicle. No redness, swelling, or lumps. It wasn't very severe; more of a nagging discomfort. Nothing seemed to trigger or relieve it; it just came and went. About two weeks later without any difference, I went to see a GP who diagnosed me with epididymitis and prescribed 14 days of ciprofloxacin (sp?). I have about three days left to finish the course (I missed one dose two times--only took one instead of two in a day), and things still don't seem any different. I don't have health insurance and am very strapped for cash right now, so I can't afford a battery of tests. Can anyone help?

Additional details: I'm 27 and sexually inactive, ruling out an STD. I wear boxers, and do not even own a pair of briefs, which probably isn't helping. I work construction, insulation to be precise, so I'm doing physical labor throughout the day. It's hard to pinpoint just when my symptoms began, but it was close to the first and only time in my life that I masturbated twice within 60-90 minutes. I don't remember feeling pain right away, but it was probably within a day or two of that, so I don't know if they're related or not.
Speaking of masturbation, some of my internet research supports masturbation to help the recovery process, and some warns against it until symptoms subside--which is it? I've masturbated a few times since I started the antibiotics. During the treatment window, I had two consecutive days that were virtually pain-free, but the second day I insulated an entire house and crawlspace, and on the drive home I started hurting again. Finally, I've dealt with lower back pain from time to time, and am curious if this could merely be deferred pain from my spine. I bought a pillow massager yesterday and used it for a couple hours last night--my back felt better today, but it didn't seem to improve my testicle discomfort.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
antibiotics, epididymitis, hernia, infection, testicle pain