Re: 21 - Low testosterone
You have to ask yourself a few questions: 1. Do you exercise enough and do you get enough sleep? daily exercise increases testosterone and sleeping also helps.
2. Do you drink a lot of alcohol and smoke? Drinking alcohol converts testosterone into estradiol (the female hormone) which in turn will make you lose sex drive. Smoking causes a restriction in blood flow to the penis causing erectile dysfunction and will obviously mess with your mind when that happens.
3. Do you eat a lot of sugary foods or in drinks? A lot of Sugar decreases testosterone.
4. Do you eat any Soy? Soy increases estrogen in males and decreases testosterone
5. Are you under any stress? Stress increases the chemical cortisol and that in turn suppresses testosterone, so try reducing stress.
6. Are you eating enough animal fats? Animal fats like red meat, eggs, milk, butter helps testosterone
7. Are you getting enough Vitamin D? Vitamin D has been shown to increase testosterone. Cod liver oil is a good source of Vitamin D which you can buy from a healthstore.
8. Do you consume any herbs and spices with foods? Supplementing your diet with herbs and spices that are used in Asian cooking and medicine have been shown to increase testosterone and have an "aphrodisiac" effect these include: Garlic, Onions, Cardamom (the seeds are best in tea or coffee), Ginger powder (best in tea or coffee), Cinnamon (again best in tea or coffee) Basil, Cumin seed, Saffron, Garam Masala, Red chillies, Oregano.
Some of those herbs and spices reduce estrogen too. Let's face it you don't see a lack of population in Pakistan or India, they swear by these for not just better tasting food but as aphrodisiacs, take time experiment with them and be patient, they won't work overnight but trust me you will notice a difference over a couple of weeks.
If you follow all what I have typed then you will get yourself on the road to recovery, it's worked amazingly for me as I drank too much alcohol and it had a huge impact on my body, good luck and feel great soon.
Last edited by SENSEI J; 09-09-2012 at 01:00 PM.