It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
(male)

Alvester HB User
Intense back itch

It's starting to get really, really annoying, to the point where it's not letting me do some things I want to do, or outright interrupting them.

I'm 19 years old, and about a year ago I started to have moderate back & forehead itch while walking/running in warm temperatures, it didn't reaaally bother me back then so I didn't really give it much attention, but it started to get progressively worse.

I started a jogging routine last week, and every time during and after the workout my back starts itching like crazy, the first week it felt like my back was on fire 5 minutes after the workout. It also happens during sex and when I laugh too hard or even when I yell a lot. Basically when my body is hot. Rubbing a wet (cold) rag over my back relieves the itch momentarily.

I've been searching through the internet and came up with varius answers, one of the possibilities was that due to my sedentarism some blood vessels were stretching and causing the itch (I don't remember exactly what it was so I could be wrong, but it said it'd go away eventually and it didn't), then that it could be dry/oily skin, so I've also been making sure to properly wash/dry my back every time I shower, even tried with moisturizer, while it does help relieve the itch slightly, it's not the cure.

So I'm running out of ideas, the sole thought of going through 5 minutes of ceaseless scratching after every workout is starting to stress me out, again it doesn't happen only on my back, forehead and neck too but it's not nearly as bad.

Last edited by Alvester; 09-12-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Re: Intense back itch

I understand what you are going through. I used to have a very itchy back during winter; no amount of scratching would stop the itch. Eventually, I discovered that the problem was the soap I was using as I showered. When I changed to a coal-tar based soap, my winter itching stopped. Common soaps are bad for sensitive skins. Look for a skin cleanser rather than "soap". It's better to use a skin cleanser containing natural ingredients such as tea-tree oil or coal-tar. A mild skin cleanser is better than soap.

Because there are so many variables, I'm not saying that your problem will be solved by following my advice. But you should look carefully at the soap you use.

Quote:
It also happens during sex and when I laugh too hard or even when I yell a lot.
Don't be side-tracked; don't jump to conclusions. The three situations you mention here probably have nothing to do with the itch.

I hope you find a satisfactory solution. My best wishes.

Closed Thread