It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
(male)

jonyoung2 HB User
How oftern Clomid for low T

How often do you guys take clomid for low testosterone?

everyday or every other day? and I'm taking Monday, Wednesday, Friday,etc

and I switch to Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday is it a big deal or will it have any harmful effects?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
(male)

Boston Guy24 HB User
Re: How oftern Clomid for low T

I've taken it for 2 years+.Seems to work best when you stay on the course regularly and do not deviate.Trouble was at least for me ,it drove my E2 levels up and lowered my libido and overall confidence.The DR said it was the estrogen competing with the Testosterone so they gave me Anastrozole.Worked good at low dose combined with clomid for a while.Looking for a new approach now.Clomid doesnt seem to be a long term solution..at least for me.

If you can financially deal with it,an anti aging doc has to be consulted.Problem with that it can be costly financially.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
(male)

boscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB User

Clomid is intended for short term restart of testosterone production.....it's not supposed be a long term mono-therapy.

Typically it's EOD, or every third day. Normally start out at say 50mg and then you taper down.....at end your system is supposed then take over. If not then its time for TRT.

I tried it at varying doses for almost a year....T numbers spiked up at high doses but dropped soon as I tapered and I never saw symptoms really improve.

Not a big clomid fan.

Eye issues too with long term use....possibly

Old 09-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
(male)

jonyoung2 HB User

Thanks guys and when you say you tampered what do you mean cause I took my clomid yesterday n today n I plan on taking it tommorow

Will this have any negative effect on my t levels and is this a bad deal?

Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
(male)

boscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB User

Tapered means that when I was on it I did 50 mg EOD for a month, then 25mg for two weeks, then 12.5 mg for another 2 weeks.

The idea is to restart your system then as you slowly come off your own metabolism takes over.

Clomid isn't supposed to be a long term solution

Old 09-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
(male)

jonyoung2 HB User

Ok I got you Im going to get my levels checked again by a urlogist on oct 2nd

N I was taking it mon wed fri n now I'm on tuesday Thursday Saturday

It happened on accident at first the switch though I don't feel as clomid is working that well for me and a urlogist once told me that if you take it everyday it has the opposite effect

N today I didn't take it and felt awful Wednesday same story

So I'm hoping that everything works out though I'm also going to checked out for a hernia and a varicole

Old 02-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
(male)

davie12 HB User

Just wondering...any update on this? I'm curious about different people's experience with Clomid.

Closed Thread