| | Newlywed-Need advice and help regarding Testosterone shots/gel and sperm reductio
Hi, I need help from men out there that are experienced with these things and/or have taken the T shots/gel before.
I just got married to my husband few months ago. Before getting married we had sexual challenges but he blamed it on stress and different things in life. Now we know that his testosterone level is 287 (According to the doctor for his age is low). He is in his mid 30s. WE plan to have kids in the future. He does not have the desire for sex and when he does it is in the morning and he does not last. I have few questions. In advance so sorry that they are a lot but I am in desperate need of help since his doctors don’t answer me due to confidentiality, he does not give me clear answers b.c this topic is frustrating for him and b.c of his privacy I can not talk to any body else. Please advise.
1. How safe are the testosterone shots/gel?
2. Are the shots better or the gel?
3. what are the side affects?
4. is there any other way to increase T levels without having Sperm reduction???
5. IF it reduces sperm, How long does it last?
6. If you stop, can your sperm count go back to normal?
7. Can you get your wife pregnant while taking the T shot/gel?
8. How long you have to take the shots/Gel to get your T level back to normal?
9. If your wife gets pregnant while you are using T gel/shots, can there be birth defect?
10. If you don’t have half of your thyroid, will that make a difference? (He does not need to take pills for his Tyroid problem)
11. Will it result in scrotum shrinkage? How bad is that? Someone who is a man please explain to me the effect of it on body and how you feel if that happens?
12. How can you find out what is the right dosage or level for you of the T shots/gel?
13. What type of doctor is better, fertility doctor, internist, and or urologist?
14. What effect and how are the T shots/gel have to Estradiol?
15. I read an article on taking either hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) or clomiphene to stimulate testes, to produce more testosterone and sperm … is that a good idea to improve your sex life, your sperm count and testosterone?
16. can T shots increase Estrogen? if yes, how does it effect the body? How are the Two related?
Thank you so much in advance.
Last edited by mod85; 09-21-2012 at 05:03 PM.