It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
(male)

Havenofear HB User
Can anyone identify what i have?

So I've been searching and searching but haven't found anything that is quite similar and was wondering if you guys can help.

I've had this rash on my penis head and under the foreskin for some time now. It seems to do as it pleases...

It started off as a few red dots and over this year has been coming and going...sometimes alot of dots sometime little...sometimes I just get blotches which cover the entity of under my foreskin, it sometimes tingles but rarely and occasionally tingles when I pee.

I keep it mega clean and dry and have a healthy diet and I execise regulary and it seems to smell alot. There's maybe a few days where it's gone but almost certainly is to return...I haven't had sex in over 5months and refuse to start a sexual relationship with a girl I really like incase it's bad. Can anyone help me out? I would throw up a pic but I don't think it lets you.

Thanks.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Can anyone identify what i have?

Dots on the glans can be from irritation--from friction, excessive scrubbing, or a reaction to soap--or it could be caused by an infection. If it's just skin irritation (that you've been causing), it'll start going away when you stop irritating it. But blotches on the foreskin sound like an infection--most often yeast. Have it checked out by a professional. You'll probably be given an anti-fungal cream or gel and it'll clear up in under a week.

You say it seems to smell a lot, which makes it seem like you could still clean better. Some men's skin is so sensitive they only use water to clean. That might work if it's clean, chlorinated and there's good pressure. If you skin's strong enough for it, Neutrogena makes a good gentle/hypoallergenic bar soap for regular use. Avoid soaps that leave thick residues like moisturizing soaps. They can cause skin reactions on the inner skin (actually mucosa) of a lot of uncircumcised men. The residue they leave can disrupt healthy skin microbe ecology.

Also--especially if you keep your foreskin closed/forward all the time--you can't leave any semen or other residue in it overnight because it'll decompose anaerobically, smell gross, and encourage chances of developing a urogenital infection. This seems like the key info parents of uncircumcised sons fail to give them. It's probably the biggest masculine hygiene tip for the uncircumcised.

If your foreskin is not too tight, you might keep it fully retracted for some time during the day one day to see if that helps make it smell better. If it does you might do that on occasion. That will make all the mucosa dry out (reversibly--unlike circumcision). But be careful: You can only do that if you can easily fully retract your foreskin when erect. Some men cannot do this easily because the skin is too tight. If that's the case, it should be stretched so that you can. There's info about that on another thread here: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/mens-health/178155-stretching-fix-tight-foreskin-phimosis.html

Uncircumcised men should make good hygiene a habit if they're hoping to ever impress a partner in bed. Being in a relationship, you need to be clean enough for sex at any time. So forming the habit already makes that a non-issue. Genital odor is a deal breaker for sex with sensible people.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
(male)

Havenofear HB User

Hey mc thanks form your info, also I have started to notice hard white bumps forming under the foreskin just below the head of the penis. Should i worry about this? Theres 5 and 2 slightly bigger than the others... They range from 1-2 millimetres and are painless. Only slightly raised but do not resemble any sort of genital warts I have seen. Also i agree that it may be thrush and have started canesten duo. I hope to see improvement within the next week.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

There are painless white bumps that can form under the ridge of the glans like you describe called pearly penile papules. (Tho I think they're soft rather than hard as you say.) See if that's what they look like.

They're generally thought to be harmless, though they can also be a sign of HPV infection. (I saw a study that found HPV in something like 40% of cases of PPP, so I wouldn't be too quick to assume they're just harmless.)

If that is what you've got, on the bright side, they tend to go away in time (often within some years). It might help to otherwise be as healthy as possible. It might also help to encourage them to recede to keep the foreskin retracted so that the glans is exposed to fabric in your clothes.

Last edited by mc7; 11-10-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Closed Thread