It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

rileysmom05 HB User
dorsal slit

My husband had a dorsal slit done . He is diabetic . It has been a month and a half ago . Still healing & stitches are still visible . He seen the urologist that performed the procedure , 2 weeks ago & he seems to think its fine . My husband dont seem to think so . He is frustrated . Im not sure if this is normal with the procedure or not ?

Old 12-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: dorsal slit

Is the only problem that it's still healing? (That it's taking so long?) A couple more weeks of healing is probably pretty normal considering it's 6-8 weeks to heal from circumcision. If there's any itching or inflammation like infection, that's different.

He might avoid all dairy (except maybe yogurt) until it's healed to minimize infection risk. And obviously sugar/sweets. It may help his kidney function (esp helpful for diabetes) as well as minimize infection risk to consume some form of cranberry probably at least once a week until it's better. There are sugar free tablets. Or even better, you could sweeten fresh cranberries (prepared or juiced) with a sweetener like stevia. There seem to be some studies showing some benefit of cranberry for diabetes generally.

Part of the reason I'm mentioning infection minimizing things is because yeast infection might have been the reason the skin tightened requiring the slit. And UTIs--yeast and bacterial--are common problems with diabetes.

Last edited by mc7; 12-03-2012 at 06:48 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to mc7 For This Useful Post:
rileysmom05 (12-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread