It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
(male)

drhycodan HB User
Help I just had a dorsal slit done a couple days ago

Right now, it's still swollen and stitched up so it's very unsightful atm. In fact, I am totally devastated at the asthetics right now. We all know the doctor/nurse will tell me to wait a couple weeks until it heals before doing anything. But from all the posts and pictures I've seen of people having a dorsal slit done, I think I'm going to regret the dorsal slit. There's just a lot of swollen skin hanging down my penis right now and since it's still stitched, trying to retract is out of the question. Should I be looking into getting a reconstruction done or just get a partial circumcision and cut off that extra skin (the phimotic ring) hanging down?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2012, 03:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Re: Help I just had a dorsal slit done a couple days ago

Quote:
We all know the doctor/nurse will tell me to wait a couple weeks until it heals before doing anything.
Wait a couple of weeks before you make a judgement about your dorsal slit. Then ask your surgeon and doctor for more information.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

Now that the phimotic ring isn't being held tightly by being a continuous circle, it could soften and look like more a normal continuation of the skin eventually. This is a gradual restructuring of the connective tissue layers of the skin and it seems to take a long time (many months). I don't know if this happens for everyone. Once it's all healed, massaging the scar can help it to break down the fibers in it (slowly over time), so that it's like normal skin.

You also might talk to a plastic surgeon if you wanted to have the tough skin removed. It might also be possible to get a skin graft to make the foreskin continuous again, but it would necessarily be tougher insensitive skin on the top.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
(male)

boogabear HB Userboogabear HB Userboogabear HB User

It is regrettable that someone persuaded you to get a dorsal slit. I do not think you will be happy with it. Having the phimotic ring removed and allowing the remaining foreskin to remain would allow it to eventually stretch and evenually recover the glans
That was my experience. A dorsal slit relieves the constriction caused by phimosis but it is (as you suggest) unsightly. Good luck in your decision.

Closed Thread