It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
(male)

johnpaul HB User
phimosis

Hello i m 33 age i have phimosis and when my penis ercect the end tip of foreskin hangs down can this be problem during sex or i can live with it thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
(male)

Sadhu HB User
Re: phimosis

Hi. Unless it causes urinary problems there's no need to worry.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-25-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Please do not post text from other sources. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

I did not know this until a couple weeks ago, but it is totally possible to have completely normal sex (that's awesome for both partners) despite phimosis. I had thought phimosis caused either painful sex or premature ejaculation (or other problems). Apparently while it can cause problems for some men, it does not always. So you don't necessarily have to correct it with stretching (or anything) just to have normal sex. If your phimosis doesn't interfere with your sexual and other functioning, it does not necessarily matter too much.

But the other bad thing about phimosis is that it can also make it hard or impossible to clean the inner parts of the penis, which can make infections more of an issue if you ever get one. Yeast infections can actually cause the foreskin to grow tighter making phimosis worse (or causing it as it often does in older diabetic men). And because phimosis makes it hard/impossible to clean and dry the area behind the tight skin, it can make it quite a bit more difficult to get rid of a yeast infection if you ever get one.

If it were my penis, I would definitely try stretching because it helps to keep it clean. But if the frenulum is also short and tight, the stretching can take a very, very long time (many months). There's a non-excisive (no tissue removed) operation to lengthen the frenulum (frenuloplasty). I might consider this for tight frenulum if the (painless) stretching still doesn't get anywhere after months of trying (which is rare). Whatever stretching you do, you have to do it so slowly and gently that there is never any pain at all. Pain indicates tearing which just makes it take longer. For more about foreskin stretching, see the thread Stretching To Fix Tight Foreskin (Phimosis).

I agree with Sadhu about circumcision. It's incredibly desensitizing and irreversible. I would not recommend it at all. There are many much less severe options (even if the foreskin is causing problems).

Old 12-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

Johnpaul, when you say that "the end tip of foreskin hangs down" when you have an erection, it sounds as if you might have frenulum breve or a short frenulum which makes the penis head bend downwards when the penis is erect. You need to consult a doctor about this; the surgical procedure known as frenuloplasty is used to correct a short frenulum.

Why do you think you have phimosis?

Old 12-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
(male)

johnpaul HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fles View Post
Johnpaul, when you say that "the end tip of foreskin hangs down" when you have an erection, it sounds as if you might have frenulum breve or a short frenulum which makes the penis head bend downwards when the penis is erect. You need to consult a doctor about this; the surgical procedure known as frenuloplasty is used to correct a short frenulum.

Why do you think you have phimosis?
Hi fles thanks for ur reply i think have phimosis bcs i am not able to retract foreskin over my head of not when erected nor flacid im doing stretching exercise for 2 months when flacid i can just see the head when stretching but not when erects i think the hole is very small may be bcs of yeast or some infection

Old 12-26-2012, 05:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

Hey Johnpaul. Being unable to retract your foreskin is not a huge problem as far as hygiene is concerned. A healthy male's urine is sterile, so peeing with a tight foreskin causes no problem and actually helps to clean the area. You can also clean the penis head by using a squeeze-bottle filled with water: jet the water into the gap between the foreskin and glans. Yeast infection should not be a problem unless you are susceptibe, in which case an over-the-counter cream will clear the yeast infection if used according to the instructions. If you have a yeast infection, do not attempt to stretch your foreskin as this may result in splits at the tip of the foreskin.

If you have followed the stretching exercises in the sticky at the top of the Men's Health Board and you have not seen significant progress in two months, you might need to consult a doctor. As I have already said, you might have frenulum breve and this could explain the inability to retract your foreskin. In this situation, only a doctor would be able to examine your penis and give a definite explanation. Of course, you need to be careful of a doctor's advice because not all doctors are uncircumcised themselves and, therefore, do not have personal experience of tight foreskins and/or frenulum breve.

My best wishes, Johnpaul. I hope your difficulties will be resolved soon. Don't worry: many guys have been through this sort of situation. You will be ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fles For This Useful Post:
johnpaul (12-26-2012)
Closed Thread