It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
(male)

ESP HB User
Foreskin not keeping my glans moist

I noticed lately that my Foreskin does not keep my glans moist. Everytime I roll my foreskin back my glans are have round patterns where my foreskin was, (they go away within seconds)and my foreskin is not slippery but rather sticky and dry like my glans. Does anyone know what the problem is? and how could I solve it?

Thank you very much for your time.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: Foreskin not keeping my glans moist

After washing/bathing, apply a bit of baby oil to your skin (head of penis and foreskin) this works for me. It also keeps you smelling fresh. Be sure and apply to clean skin though. Actually I use baby oil all over. I don't like the dry ashy feeling to my skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

I'm kind of confused by the "round patterns" you mentioned. As the glans drys out (over the course of about a minute) after being exposed from retracting the foreskin, it appears to form lines and round scales on the surface (that look basically like the keratinization pattern on a circumcised penis). That is perfectly normal, and unlike the keratinization of the circumcised penis, it goes away as soon as you recover your glans. Maybe you never noticed exactly how it looks when it does this before? Is that all you're asking about?

Do you mean that your foreskin used to keep the glans moist but stopped recently? You probably do know that the glans is not supposed to be moist like an eyeball. It's just supposed to be not totally dry.

If it is now totally or unusually dry, could the foreskin or glans also be warmer than normal? These could be signs of inflammation. An infection could be responsible. If it were very minor, these might be the only symptoms (for now). If there's any chance you could be fighting an infection (anywhere), avoid milk and cream. (Or if there are any more significant/certain symptoms of infection, see a doctor.)

Oh, are you washing with soap? Could the soap be drying out the inner parts of your penis too much?

Last edited by mc7; 12-24-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: soap

Old 12-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
(male)

ESP HB User

Thanks for the replies, no it dosent leave a Keratinization pattern, its hard to describe, but yes it fades in seconds after I pull the Foreskin back. I'm not sure if have a Foreskin Infection. What would be other signs? I don't feel itchy, and nothing is swollen.

No I only wash with water in the shower. I will start to avoid all diary products just to be safe.

Thanks again for your time and help

Old 12-26-2012, 05:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

Hey ESP. The foreskin is double-sided and sometimes, after it has been retracted in the shower, it doubles back on itself a little when you push it forwards to cover the glans. It could also happen after you retract to pee, or after you masturbate or have sex. So when you retract it again, the wrinkles show up as a pattern on the glans. There is no problem: it just happens. It's perfectly natural. You don't need to worry about "keratinization" or "infection" and you don't need to avoid dairy products unless you want to adjust your cholesterol levels .

The Following User Says Thank You to Fles For This Useful Post:
ESP (12-30-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

To clarify, I was only talking about infection in case that was why you were asking your question, but I should have said, nothing you had said actually sounded like an infection at all. You don't have any reason to worry about infection. Sorry to worry you (if I did).

And I don't mean to sound so anti-dairy. Dairy is an excellent protein for fitness and weight loss and stuff (especially low fat dairy). It's only while fighting an infection that uncultured forms of dairy (like milk & cream) can make it more difficult for the immune system to overcome the infection, because they increase mucus production so much and pathogens often use mucus to conceal themselves from immune attack.

About keratinization (callousing), the pattern that forms on the intact/uncircumcised penis when the foreskin is retracted is basically the same pattern as the keratinization pattern. From a distance, the pattern looks the same (when the glans drys out). It looks basically the same, but the skin is actually a totally different texture/toughness in each case. This (drying) pattern goes away for you as soon as you cover your glans with foreskin again, but the constantly exposed glans of the circumcised penis has this pattern permanently etched onto the surface.

If you were to use a moisturizer on my penis (I don't), I might try shea butter or castor oil, because they're mildly antimicrobial. And I think baby oil smells awful (reminds me of dirty diapers).

One important thing (especially for younger people), it's very important to remember that all fats and oils will absolutely destroy condoms (silicone oil is the only condom-safe oil). The tiny bit of oil residue left on the skin hours later will still make a condom break (not immediately though). So do not moisturize your penis with any oil (except silicone) if you want to be able to use condoms!

And if you moisturize with anything, I wouldn't apply it until after the penis has completely dried from the moisture of bathing. Otherwise the moisturizer could trap pathogens and keep oxygen out in a way that could possibly promote infection.

Last edited by mc7; 12-27-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: moisturizers

The Following User Says Thank You to mc7 For This Useful Post:
ESP (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
(male)

ESP HB User

Thank you for the helpful replies. I will keep you guys posted. Happy New Year!

Closed Thread