It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
(male)

philb1 HB User
Does enlarged Prostate cause sexual problems

Can prostate problems affect sexual performance?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am 60 years old.

I have had a swollen prostate for many years ... the doctor always mentions it during my annual physical at work ... but the PSA is normal.

Until recently (the last year or so) I have not had the classic symptons of an enlarged prostate, i.e., difficulty urinating, frequent urination, etc. I have noticed some of these symptons lately. Sometimes, with a very full bladder, starting the flow can be difficult. Also, while not incontinent, if the urge to urinate is strong, sometime a very small amount will flow uncontrollably. I'm beginning to think that a visit to a urologist may be in order.

But something equally disturbing has happened in the past two or three years. Never before had I experienced a problem with achieving and maintaining an erection. It was very hard and could stay that way for as long as I wanted. Now, even with self-stimulation, an erection is difficult to attain and it never is really hard. Also, ejaculation produces very little semen while in the past a normal amount was produced ... maybe a tablespoon or so. The pleasant feeling of orgasm is normal, but there is no forceful ejaculation as in the past.

I'm wondering if the swollen prostate may have anything to do with these problems. I can uderstand if the low volume of ejaculate is connected, since it uses the same pathway used by urine ... so the pressure of the swollen prostate could easily constrict the flow.

I've noticed that when I wake up in the mornings, like most men, I sometimes have an erection that is normally rigid. So I'm wondering if my erectile dysfunction may be psychological rather than physical.

philb1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread