I am a relatively healthy male in my late 20s. While I say I am healthy, I have noticed a few minor health quirks that have manifested themselves in the past 5-6 years or so....here they are.
1) ACNE: As a teenager, it was treatable with soap and water and a face wash (no moisturizer). As I got into my 20s, I noticed that my acne was not treatable, even with moisturizers and OTC treatments. I got it treated by a dermatologist, but still need to continue using topical creams (which are not cheap)
2) SLEEP: In my early 20s, I could sleep until 1 PM if I needed to, but these days I am up by 9 AM regardless of what time I get to sleep (and I cannot return to sleep)
3) FACIAL HAIR: I feel like it is stronger, thicker, and faster growing than it used to be.
4) ALCOHOL: I drink less now than I used to (which still wasn't a huge amount). In my late teens and early 20s, each drink would increase my feeling of intoxication by the same amount, yet now, the first few drinks seem to have little effect, but then one drink later, WHAM! My tolerance has not gone down, mind you. Granted, I can easily avoid this by sticking to the < 3 drinks rule, but that's not the point.
5) SWEATING: Until about 3-4 years ago, I could eat the spicy food without any effects. Now, even if I get the medium in the mild/med/hot option, I sweat PROFUSELY. I have never had any food allergies in my life.
I want to know the following:
A) Is this normal?
B) What causes this?
C) Why are these happening now and why did they not happen several years ago?
I am not a doctor but I am 20 years older than you, so I will attempt to ease your mind some what. The ACNE: It could just be genetic issue in which you may not be able to do much about besides watching what you eat that may trigger the break outs. As for the other problem with sleep. Lol. As we get older and realize the many responsabilities we have, the stress alone changes our youthful sleep habits. In our teens and twenties, most of us have not a care in the world. No bills, no health problems! Those that are handsome with musculer bodies are confident, having their choice of any girl they want. Something happens though once we move out and get our own place. Real life and it's many, many problems kick in and we, for the first time experience stress, worry, and depression. As we get older our digestive systems change as well. The things we use to be able to eat with out any problems, now tare up our stomach. Lol. As a young man I use to be able to eat oranges. Loved them! Still do, but now at my age, they give me severe heart burn. All the things you've mentioned above is just the normal changes we go through as we age. We all wonder at times, why me. When you get into your 40's some more changes will present themselves. Don't worry, I think you're just experiencing life. Nothings wrong.
some other things to look forward to, by your mid thirties you just won't be able to shake off alcohol as easily either, and you'll feel it more the day after. As you get older, you'll also have to work at staying a healthy weight, start watching your blood pressure and cholesterol, and getting more aches and pains especially in your joints. Welcome to the aging process