It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #1
(male)

ka91e2 HB User
Lower-abdominal strain 3 months ago/testicular problems

Hi All.

I've been weightlifting for almost a year and strained my lower-right abdominal 3 months ago. This caused a dull pain in my right testicle, and the testicle also seemed to get pulled upwards toward the body, and now sits higher than the left. I immediately went to my doctor who told me it was probably just a strain on the lower-abdominal causing this, but booked an ultra-sound scan just in case. I also stopped weightlifting for this period.

4 weeks later, the pain on my testicle subsided. I had the scan (testicles and lower-abs) and was assured that blood flow and everything else was normal (and no hernia).

Now we're in January, the pain in my lower-right abdominal has improved, and the pain in my right testicle has completely gone. However, my right testicle still sits higher and slightly ahead of the left, and this is also causing my penis to hang very slightly to the left. Also, I got back to weightlifting again 2 weeks ago and have been experiencing a very slight dull pain, this time in my left testicle.

I understand it's quite normal for one testicle to sit higher than the other, but I'm concerned because my testicles have always been at the same height. Is there any chance of this becoming a torsion? Will my testicles ever go back to their 'normal positions'?

I've been sleeping on my back for the past 3 months and haven't done any running/cycling since October because I'm afraid to cause any disturbance to my testicles. Urine and sexual function are both normal, and I'm free of any STIs.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be very much appreciated

Last edited by ka91e2; 01-07-2013 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
(male)

ka91e2 HB User
Re: Lower-abdominal strain 3 months ago/testicular problems

Any thoughts ?

Closed Thread

Tags
lower abdominal pain, testicle, weight lifting