It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
(male)

john44751 HB User
Red face Red Irritated Penis for 5 Months!!!

I have been experiencing hypersensitivity and redness on the tip of my penis as well as the skin immediately beneath the tip. I have been tested for all STDs including herpes and all have been negative. I have been treated with antibiotics, steroids, antifungals, EVERYTHING. It is sensitive at all times (even brushing my underwear while i walk is uncomfortable) but after sex is when it is the worst. Friction from sex sometimes leaves it raw and red for several days after. I am absolutely losing my mind not being able to beat thsi or even be told exactly what it is. I have been to several urologists and dermatologists who all gave guesses but basically could not say what it is for sure. Most recently I saw a urologist monday who told me it looks like a fungal infection and prescribed lotrisone. I have been using it twice a day and it has helped vastly with the redness but the sensitivity/pain is still there fully. Is it possible this could be fungal even after I've been treated with other antifungals over the last couple months (including diflucan)? Someone please help, anyone who has experienced this or has any insight PLEASE, i am truly desperate and scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Re: Red Irritated Penis for 5 Months!!!

This must be really frustrating for you, particularly as you and your medical experts seem to have exhausted all possible avenues for a cause. The only ideas that came to my mind are ones that you have probably already thought about. Could your condition be caused by a reaction to soap? Try cleaning your penis with nothing more than running water and the friction of your fingers. Or perhaps it's an allergy: investigate the washing powder used on your clothing, etc. And if you use condoms, buy non-latex condoms.

You talk about "friction from sex". Your partner should be so well lubricated that your penis should not be "raw and red for several days after". Perhaps it's worth looking further into why that happens.

I hope you find a solution soon. My best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
(male)

john44751 HB User

Thanks for replying. I actually have already tried using soaps and detergents that are specifically hypoallergenic (no perfumes, dyes, etc) as doctors thought that could be a cause. And when I say friction from sex I dont mean to imply that my partner is not lubricated enough, I just mean that any sort of friction seems to be a major irritant and sex happens to be where the roughest contact occurs for my penis.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #4
(male)

Eriatarka HB User

Hey do you have any updates on if anything has improved Im going through a similiar thing

Old 03-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #5
(male)

holidaymake HB User
Post Re: Red Irritated Penis for 5 Months!!!

Hello guys...

You need to consult with good doctor. He will guide well.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
(female)

Straw1berryvag HB User

Has you had any luck with this condition? My husband is experiencing the same exact symptoms with no relief and its been over a year.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #7
(male)

Bronh HB User

John44- your thread is everything I have been going through. Any improvements., on 5 months now. Just found your post and it spot on what I got. Same symptoms and road traveled to figuring it out. Any updates on your condition?

Old 03-22-2014, 11:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

My redness went away after using rubbing alcohol swaps for two weeks. The alcohol will burn at first but that will stop in a few days. Alcohol kills bacteria, virus and yeast - any combination of which can be causing the problem.

Closed Thread