It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
ThePerson HB User
Masturbation/UTI like symptoms but not UTI?

Hello everyone, I'm an 18 year old male. One night about a year ago, I had to pee really bad, probably just from drinking too much water. And you ever have that where you pee and then you think you're done but more has to come out? Well I had that, but ignored and then went to bed and decided to masturbate. Well I did, and then afterward I had a horrible urge to pee, like I could barely hold it for 5 minutes, and then hardly anything would come out. It wasn't as bad by morning but I still had an urge. I thought I had a urinary tract infection because I had those symptoms, so I went to the doctor and got tested for a UTI twice, but both tests showed negative. But around that time the symptoms subsided and I was able to live normally again. Ever since then, I would always make sure I peed and got it all out before and after I masturbated, and for a while I was fine. But then about a month ago (Jan 13th) I peed, but still felt like I had some in there, but decided to masturbate anyway. I started to, but I decided to stop (before I was hard) and try to get that last little bit of pee out. Well I did, and then decided not to masturbate. And ever since then I've had that urge come back. I put up with it for about a week and then it started to go away. But then about a week ago the urge can back after masturbating again (I had done it a few times during the week before that day with no problems). I don't know what I could've done, I hope I didn't damage anything. I would also get a minor urge after I would dedicate, I've had that since I had these problems the first time around.

Anyone know what I could've done? Its making me really miserable and to make things worse I don't have a way to get to a hospital or something, and won't for a few days. (I don't know what doctor I'd go to since I've turned 18 since I went to my last doctor and he was a pediatrician, and friend recommended I get checked out at a hospital).

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
ThePerson HB User
Re: Masturbation/UTI like symptoms but not UTI?

Bump. Any ideas? I hate this so much, and at least want to know what I could have done

Old 07-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
ThePerson HB User
Re: Masturbation/UTI like symptoms but not UTI?

Well months later I still have this problem. I was able to go to a doctor which gave me anti-biotics that did nothing before was sent to a urologist and he examined the inside of my bladder and said my bladder muscle was tight and gave me some meds for overactive bladder which helped some but not much. I went back and got a big dosage of some stronger meds which have helped somewhat but I'm still in the same boat as my above post from Feb.

I've been reading up on it more and my symptoms seem closer to enlarged prostate. In my above post from February I explain the whole thing; can that cause an enlarged prostate? Some other things are my stream has narrowed ever since the start of this whole thing, it feels like there something in my urethra possibly drops of urine, and the urge and feeling of something in my urethra worsens when I defecate and after Masturbation.

I really just want this gone. I've been very miserable since this came back, a couple times I feel like I dropped into a small depression for a short time.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
Join Date: May 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 1,117
cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: Masturbation/UTI like symptoms but not UTI?

Depending I guess on what state you live in, assuming you are in the US, you will need to call and choose a new doctor that treat adults/get a referal through your insurance company. With HMO/Community care provider, you can call the office number on your insurance card for a doctor. After meeting with your new doctor, he would refer you to a Urologist if he thinks you need one. If you have an enlarged prostate, your doctor will be able to tell you. Sorry but I don't have any idea what your problem is. I think a lot of us have simular problems that doctors don't seem to have much of an answer for. Test and treatments can be expensive. Good luck in your search for answers!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!