It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2004, 06:36 AM   #1
Inactive

byrdleg HB User
Wellbutrin Sr,xl ???

HEY EVERYONE!
I would love some input on Wellbutrin. I suffer from panic and anxiety. I am currently on 12.5 of zoloft(I CAN NOT tollerate any more of it as I get very ill) and klonopin .5 3x daily. I used to take Celexa and all my anxiety was totally gone!! Then it pooped out and the agigation was unbearable to my family. My PS Doc wants to add WElbutrun to my mixture, She gave me the 150 XL pills and told me to CUT them into 1/4 just to see how I do on it. The insert says to NOT cut. Can anyone tell me if they have been on any of the Wellbutrins and what the difference is? Is it safe to break the coating on them? My pharmasist says it is OK but then why not take the normal stuff. I am very confused. Your input is greatly appreciated!
THANKS!
BYRDLEG

Old 04-12-2004, 09:35 PM   #2

bbopny HB User
Re: Wellbutrin Sr,xl ???

I was taking Wellbutrin XL 150 for the past month or so (tried 300 at one point but didnt need to go that high). I liked it alot b/c it gave me energy and decreased my appetite. But the affect on my vision could not be ignored. So I stopped it a week ago while my doc was away. Today we talked about alternatives and she told me I could decrease. When I asked if I could cut the pills I had she said yes but it would make the extended release (XL) ineffective. from that comment I deduce the pill will still work but for a few hours rather than extended release.

my doc has also told me in the past that if splitting a pill, you should wrap the remaining half in tin foil.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread