It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2005, 12:06 PM   #1
(female)

relyt HB User
Always annoyed..please help!

It seems as though the littlest things always get to me. Just simple daily activites annoy me, like if I have to brush off my car in the morning because there is snow on it, it ruins my whole morning. Also, every single person I spend a significant amount of time with (boyfriend, co-workers, best friend) really annoy me at times to the point where I get nasty back to them. It's not them, it is ME and I feel bad that I think this way of them. I also know I shouldn't be so irritated all the time but I am.
My question is, could this be depression? I don't sit there and cry and I am not sad all the time. Also, what kind of meds would treat this, like an anti-depressant such as Zoloft?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Always annoyed..please help!

zoloft may help but some people just have a bad attitude and are always looking for any excuse to be angry or to become upset, my parents were like this and living with them was no fun

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 07:07 PM   #3
(female)

pangea250 HB User

I don't think it's depression
But i bet it could be treated in a similar way. I donno, I have a book on depression that suggests that whenever you have a depressing thought (or in ur case an angry thought) you write it down and then write down a rebuttle. I guess, a reason to not get angry. You have to keep trying to veiw the situation from a different and less negative angle. But you have to actually write it down, not just do it in ur head.
The theory is that emotions are caused by what you say/think to yourself, not by what actually happens, so if you practice thinking well and rationally you can end up feeling a lot better^_^
Try looking up info or finding a book that has a section on the "cognitive traps". Well, that's what my books calls them, they probably have different names tho... Cognitive distortions, errors, etc...

Anyways, good luck!

Old 02-03-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
(female)

I'mtired HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangea250
The theory is that emotions are caused by what you say/think to yourself, not by what actually happens, so if you practice thinking well and rationally you can end up feeling a lot better^_^

Wow I never thought of things in that manner. I get annoyed with everything very easily too, to the point where my friends and family call me a bi*** and my closest friend said I talk to him like crap. (I know I am like that too) But I do have mental issues whether it is sever depression or bipolar, I havent been properly diagnosed yet.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:53 PM   #5
(female)

DowntownBrown HB User

Hi,
I, too used to get angry over the least little things. Depression is anger turned inward. Since, I got sober 1/1/87, and received treatment for my Depressive Disorder, I don't anger so easily and I am not depressed anymore. But...I do as I am told today--I don't drink or drug, I go to AA meetings, I take my meds--as directed by my doctor, I went to therapy, and I continue to recover day by day. It also has helped a lot to "accept" the fact, that the world does not revolve around me, and I am not going to always get my way. Acceptance is the key to my serenity. [Big Book]
God bless you, Sally B.

Old 02-06-2005, 07:10 AM   #6

Blue102 HB User

If you're a girl, I'd say this: it's probably hormones. I have PMDD along with depression and anxiety. I know the symptoms of all of them, and when I'm about to start you know what, that's when I get cranky. I just get irritated with everything, throw stuff, holler curses in the car... The depression is different, I cry and feel sorry for myself and stay in bed all day. I don't know though, if you think it might be depression, go get it checked out. Different people are affected differently...

PS.. Whether it's depression or PMDD, you'll probably be prescribed a low dose of an SSRI like Prozac. It fixes you right up.

Last edited by Blue102; 02-06-2005 at 07:13 AM.

Old 02-07-2005, 03:19 AM   #7
(female)

Middleagedcrazy HB User

In addition to being a girl, if you are anywhere from mid thirties up, you might want to check out perimenopause. As someone who's been there and done that, I can tell you being highly annoyed with everyone is definately a symtom.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:12 PM   #8
(female)

dragon25 HB User

I don't know if this will help at all, but When I went to the doctor and explained to him that I get annoyed by EVERYTHING he said that is a sign of depression in younger people(i don't know if that applies to you.) I was diagnosed with bipolar a few years later.

Love,
Dragon

Closed Thread