It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
(female)

missey_d HB User
Unhappy I'm so worried about my mum! pls help!

Hi there,
I'm hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.
Yesterday i got a phone call from my 16 year old sister who still lives at home with my mum and dad who sounded absolutely terrified!
She said she had been sat in her bedroom, playing on her play station when my mum came out of her bedroom, screaming "how dare you come into my home, get the **** out" and stormed up stairs to the lounge (the house is upside down) anyway, my kid sister said there was no one else in the house, and by the time my mum had got to the top of the stairs she seemed fine again. This really scared my sister. I told my other sister about it, who also like me lives away from home and she told me that this wasn't the first time this had happened. Apparently when my mum was on holiday with my youngest sister last year, she did the same kinda thing - screaming and shouting at someone that was not there (whilst she was in the shower). This has really scared my kid sister and I have to admit I find it very worrying, as my mum is normally so very quiet and gentle, and she certainly doesn't swear.
I don't know if this is maybe the start to some mental health problems, and I've read so much stuff over the last 24 hours my brain in totally spinning. I don't know if I should sit down and talk to my mum, or ask my doctor about it or I don't know what. I'm also worried as my mum looks after small children at her home during the day when their parents are at work shes a child minder, and I'm afraid that if she is maybe ill something could happen to the kids or her when no one else is about.
Do you think I should ask her about it? I would talk to my dad, but he's not the easiest of people to talk to, and I don't think he would believe us anyway as from what I gather he's never seen her do this. I'm very worried and would really apreciate some suggestions on this matter.
Thanks in advance!

a very very worried daughter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 07:11 AM   #2
(female)

Amberay HB User
Re: I'm so worried about my mum! pls help!

If you can, I would sit her down and talk to her about this. Her going from a quiet, gentle mother, who doesnt swear, to having an episode like that is a big personality change. Your dad may be going through denial. It also wouldn't hurt to bring it up to your doctor. There could be something going on here.

Old 08-10-2005, 01:00 PM   #3
(female)

missey_d HB User

Thanks Amberay! I guess I knew I had to have a chat with her, i just needed some reasurance!
I sat my mum down and had a chat with her last night, as my kid sister phoned me in tears again yesterday morning as she was at it again. she don't seem to remember any such outbursts, but did say that she does sometimes talk to herself, but has said to us not to be affraid and if it keeps happening let her know and she will go and see the doctor. So my kid sister is on mum patrol now (basically watching her every move!) I'll keep u posted on any outcome!
Thanks again!
xDx

Old 08-10-2005, 02:13 PM   #4
(female)

Amberay HB User

Good luck with your mom. This has got to be hard on you and your sister. Without a whole lot of info. it's hard to say what could be going on. Did you talk to your doctor? Do you know if she hears voices? Let me know what happends! Keep in touch!

Closed Thread