It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User
Unhappy Sensitivity to loud noises...causing irritability, nausea, etc.

Hi all,

I am posting this here because I have been dealing with this with my counselor/psychiatrist. I have a severe sensitivity to noise. It irritates me and makes me rageful and makes me feel nauseous to the point of gagging. It also makes my heart beat really, really hard. It is worst whenever I am having a really bad social phobia day. I don't have a headache or anything...so it's not a migraine...it's just so wierd. When there's loud noise, it just ruins my whole day. I am so afraid of having that feeling that I just avoid it...which kinda compromises the quality of my life.

Has anyone else every experienced this or heard of it? What can be done for this? Please help.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
(female)

alsaser HB User
Re: Sensitivity to loud noises...causing irritability, nausea, etc.

I'm sensitivite to noises (especially if I havent taken my xanax dose yet...I've run out of rooms like a crazy lady). Loud noises, like doors slamming..also things like people chewing gum loud or eating/smacking their food, screaming babies/kids, a certain foreign language which I wont mention, and high heels on an uncarpeted floor...DRIVES ME NUTS..makes me so irritable!!!! Also, if I dont take my meds...I have minor hallucinations, like I'll see something that isnt there for a few seconds. Also sometimes my eyes are real sensitive to lights. for a while I had to wear sunglasses while driving at night cause the street lights and headlights hurt my eyes! I wonder what is this hypersensitivity to senses caused by?
I dont get nausea from it, but I've had to run out of stores and classrooms b4.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2005, 03:43 PM   #3
(female)

stay2gether HB User
Re: Sensitivity to loud noises...causing irritability, nausea, etc.

its awful when stuff like this irritate you.

i went out to a nightclub at the weekend and trhe music was so LOUD that it just hurt my ears so bad and 4 days on i feel like i have an ear infection as my ears still hurt.....it didnt seem to bother anyone else though who were having a great time, but i couldnt cause of the noise level. are you a very antisocial person who likes their peace and quiet? there are lots of people like this and i bet your not the only one that this happens to.

Closed Thread