It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Dave2006 HB User
Weird Thoughts

Hello all, first let me introduce my self, I'm a 17yr old male

I've been undergoing a rather, stressful, fearful and basicly CRAP time.

I've been suffering from Anxiety/depression I believe. Having recurring negitive thoughts upon the world, such as.

The world is fake, its a set up just for me, everyone is against me. Like someone is playing a game on me, the world wasn't really created in the 2 ways possible, science or religious. Thoughts like that.

I used to be a very happy child. Enjoyed living, I would look down on those not enjoying life and question why they are not happy, how could you possible not be happy, life is wonderful. Well it hit me straight in the face.

This all started, after exsperiance a very scary thing. I got very paranoid over my mates trying to kill me because I had got spiked with drugs without knowing so, so i become very fearful and paranoid. It took me 3 weeks to get over the panic, i was fine after that, then all of a sudden it came back 5 months later and even worse, my thoughts are those described above.

I question everything, if my mate would joking say "i'm going to kill you" I'm like what! why, why did you say that, tell me. I get very paranoid, because I'm constantly trying to prove what I think in my head that the world is fake, and its a set up if you like. Very weird and scary thoughts. I havn't been to the doctors, as I'm lined up to join the Army in a year, and any record of this would cause complete rejection. This has been going on for a month now, this deep thoughts. I want to get back to being a normal child, who loves, and respects the gift of life, I can't wait for the time I can have childen and a lovely wife, but i'm dreading it with these thoughts. I'm constantly thinking back to my past life, and questioning why did that person do and say this etc, everything looks susphious if you like.

This is not a teenage cry for help. As I say I never used to be like this. I had goals in life, everyday I was achiveing greatly.

Anyone who can help I would be so greatful, I can't wait to live a normal life once again!

Thank you all for reading.

David.

Last edited by Dave2006; 02-24-2006 at 12:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
(female)

innocentmom HB User
Re: Weird Thoughts

It sounds to me like you might have a seious problem. It might be a bad idea to go into the army. It would only make things worse. I have heard so many stories about how bad it is in the military. It gets very lonely and it sounds like the last thing you need is to feel alone. You need a friend. someone you could learn to trust.It might be hard at first but eventually it will become easier. I know what it's like to be alone and scared. It's not fun. Hell, I'm a twenty year old mother of two. I'm fighting for my kids right now. I used to be a stay-at-home-mom. Now I stay home and try to keep myself busy so I don't constantly think of how my kids aren't here. I'm alone alot and it sucks. Trust me on this. Think carefully before you join the army. Make sure that's what you want. I wish you the best.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:01 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Dave2006 HB User

What is this "serious" problem then. I'm a strong person, I've exsperianced alot, lived alone, survived for my self, the army runs in my family, I'm determined to succeed in my chosen career. Possibly, just positive thinking is what is needed in my case, to slowly drag my self out of this hole.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

I'm not a professional, but from what I'm hearing it sounds like you may be suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome. It doesn't matter what the traumatic event was that triggered it, it's still very real. It's also treatable. Your friends spiking your drink may have been what triggered all this anxiety and panic and it's normal for it to come back and "haunt" you later on. I would advise you to see your doctor and let him/her decide if you need to see a therapist to get through this or if you'd be a candidate for an anti-anxiety medication. I'm sure you'll be fine, you just need some help to get through this anxiety. Please talk to your doctor.

Old 02-26-2006, 06:55 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Dave2006 HB User

I understand, positive thinking is obviously the answer, I'm trying to steer away from the doctors, as it will be on record, and as I said I wish to join the army. I don't think it was my mates who spiked me, because if it was then they arn't very good mates are they. Thank you for your help. Day by day I'm fighting this, I will live a happy life in the end, even if it takes a year to get over this crap!!

Old 02-27-2006, 05:54 AM   #6
(female)

horseforever HB User
Re: Thoughts

Hi
I understand what you are going through. Im also in my teens and i am exactly the same as you. I have things that i get so worked up about. For example im scared of being ill, im scared of being on my own, im scared of other people. Im scared of the certain things that i eat or drink.
Its all horrbile. If people read what i have just put then they may think "gosh she must be a weird". but im not. There the things that scare me, and i have to find ways to cope with it.

YOU CAN GET RID OF YOUR FEARS. just remember that. yes something happened to you in the past and its made you very scared of people saying there going to kill you and things like that. but rmemeber your mind is controling you at the moment, and you have to turn that around and tell your self YOU are in control.

I will propaly never get rido of my fears, because there alot different from yours. but when i get a thought about one of my fears, i just try and blank it out of my mind. maybe you should try doing that. yes it will be very very hard at first, but the more you try and blank it from the mind, the more it will go away and the easier it will get ok.
and just remember your friends arnt going to hurt you. your friends are there to help you.

So just blank away all the horrbile thoughts as soon as you get them,. quickly think about something else. it will get easier.

I really really do understand. I suffer with stress, and depression. I know what your going through. i will try and help you out as much as i can.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:08 AM   #7
(female)

horseforever HB User

I really do understand, as im also the same age as you

Old 02-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #8
(male)

ld3340 HB User

Hi Dave, I am a father of 6 kids. My oldest just got married, and my next is a pretty 17 year old blonde. She had always been the most positive person I have known. She goes to a Christian school, and took the first part of her senior year at public. It was her choice. She wanted to know if she could make a difference there. Of course it was a tall order, and her final semesters are back at her own school. She came up to me a couple months ago. She was so depressed she was ready to be commited. I about fell on the floor. She cried for almost a week. If you were to imagine your parents doing that I bet it would make you sick, well, thats how I felt. I tried everything Dave, it just all bounced off. I prayed hard. by the end of the second week she felt better, not completely, but better. Now it's been about 2 months, and she looks back on it and can't believe it! I remember feeling like that too. I don't have a reason, I do know it made me stronger. It also gave me a look into others when they had that depression. For me, I feel it as a right of passage between a highschool boy, into a world school young man. I did take her to a psycologist to be sure, I didnt want her to do something to herself, but he advised us to stick close to her, and give it a little while. If you are still having them bad thoughts, well just don't be alone. Go against your feelings and be around family or a friend. Hear that? Go against your feelings and be around someone, hopefully they wont talk, but just the company will be a help. I am no doctor, I am no shrink. I just felt as bad as my daughter did. Thats the truth. Take care, I'll say a prayer for you too.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Dave2006 HB User

Thank you sir, for taking the time to pass on that advice and exsperiance. I'm glad your daughter is well, I wish everyone as much happyness as possible. Thats my problem, I've always made sure everyone else is happy before my own health and happyness. I'm determined to over come this slight problem. The probem is, I'm always searching for answers, am I right to think what I think etc, that is what hinders my progress in pulling my self out of these problems, Thank you for your help. I'm dertermined, I do not deserve this, if I did, I would accept it.!

Thank you!

Dave

Old 02-28-2006, 06:01 AM   #10
(male)

ld3340 HB User

Dave, there was one other thing, I deal with this myself. I have been on antidepressants before ( Zoloft for 1 year). I lost the custody of my son to his crack head mother(She was caught with it). It only lasted 6 months,and I got him back, but it was enough to send me over the edge. I just about plain gave up. My family intervened and got me to a doc for some pills. It isn't part of my permanent record, but the pills helped. That downward spiral, where you are at the bottom of a hole looking up, and see no earthly escape. Well, yeah, it was that bad. I have since learned that if I feel that coming on, first not to do something stupid like drink to get rid of it. That is pouring serious gas on a fire. But now I just sit back and realize that it might be a downer for a while, that I have done this crap before, and that it will only last a little while, oh, and that it is all right to have a crappy week! So what! I can have a crappy week, and no ones just gonna make it better with words. It will pass if I don't do something stupid, and life will go on after I done feeling bummed. So, say a week or so, you start to feel a little better. Great! and life starts to get normal again. Do you think you will be as unprepared for it if it happens again? I don't think so. This depression you are going through now will be a way to measure other days against. Say a mark in the life of David. This is a valley on a graph that you can look back over your life and see. You will have others I'm sure, like the death of a loved one etc. I know when I feel blue again, that I can compare it to the valley I had by losing my son, and that way put limit on how far I will let myself feel compared to that day. I honestly believe Dave that everyone feels like you at one time or another, and they deal with it in different ways. You just happened to deal with it on this board (I dealt with it on my knees prayin and bawlin). I think you have all ready passed the bottom of your graph just by the fact you came here, so now you are on the way up again. Don't rush it. I am no doc and no shrink either. Take care, you have a lot of life to enjoy yet. LD

Last edited by ld3340; 02-28-2006 at 06:14 AM.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:13 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Dave2006 HB User

Thank you, thats very good advise. I'm slowly feeling better, I'm at the stage where I only feel down for maybe 3 hrs a day instead of feeling like it constantly. So I'm achiveing my goal at restoring back to a normal life! I shall keep you posted on my improvements. Thanks again

D

Old 03-01-2006, 09:17 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Dave2006 HB User

Hello, thanks for that. I'm getting there, like today and yesterday, I only had these negitive thoughts for a short while, compared to the whole day, I'm slowly progressing forwards, and I'm sure you will get there, if I can do it, you can do it. Positive thoughts. Look at the advice you gave me, and maybe you can also learn from it and help your self, I'm sure we will all get there in the end! Thanks a lot

Old 03-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #13
(female)

horseforever HB User

your very welcome

Old 03-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #14
(female)

ktishme HB User

Hello.. I'm a couple years younger than you, and I've been having almost the same problem

I feel fake or that i'm in a dream and am supposed to wake up... or that i'm like imagining everything in my head that is going on. It scares me so much. I don't like to be around many people all talking and making lots of noise, but rather by myself with a couple of friends.

I think it might be becauses of the stress of so many people I love telling me that they wanted to kill themselves (kind of opposite of yours) but I don't know, I've always been a sensitive person.

I can relate to you guys, and I hope that we'll all get better and be able to relax and laugh with ease. =D

Closed Thread