It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
(male)

thescorpionking HB User
why don't i feel normal emotions?

i don't seem to be able to feel as deep emotions as everyone else i know and it's causing serious problems for my marriage. i don't know if it's just me bottling them up or is it something that is common that i can do something about. not the worst problem on this board i know but if i end up divorced and i could've done something..... then i might feel something then.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
(male)

Perry2 HB User
Re: why don't i feel normal emotions?

The easy answer is that being emotionally distant or limited is a response to some kind of stressor, possibly traumatic, early in your life. There are all kinds potential origins, not all of them horrific, but too many to list.

If I were you I would see a psychologist. It is one thing to be stoic but you are talking about positive emotions too. If you look on your browser for what a cough might be a symptom of, you get 100 responses from the annoying to the fatal. "Why don't I feel" might not get quite that many hits but I think you may need same psychoanalysis to open the right door.

If you get help from a message board it would just be a fluke. Of course if you are looking for kindred spirits here you need to give us a ton more detail so people have a clue if their own situation relates to you.

Last edited by Perry2; 12-09-2006 at 01:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread