It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 05:14 AM   #1
(female)

fightergirl HB User
Red face Has anyone successfully lost the weight they gained while on Prozac?

Has anyone successfully lost the weight they gained while on Prozac? I have been reading old threads where people say they can't lose the weight after going off the drug and am discouraged about losing my Prozac weight (over 50lbs). I cannot fit into any of my clothes from 18 months ago, before I started the meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2007, 04:25 AM   #2
(female)

SoapBubble HB User
Exclamation Re: Has anyone successfully lost the weight they gained while on Prozac?

Hi Fightergirl,
I can sympathise with you about Prozac. I was on it for a little more than 2 years at 60-80mg a day. I tapered down to 40mg a day for about a year. I stopped with Prozac alltogether in January this year. I've gained (gulp) around 100 lbs. since I began treatment. I can't tell you how horrible I feel about myself now, but I think you understand.
I've gone on a sensible diet...low cal, low carb, high protien, and no extra salt, and I exercise mostly with bike riding, walking, and simple exercise. I've been on the diet for 7 weeks and have lost 25lbs. It's a bit hard to see it on me, but I start to feel the difference. It's very motivating.
I've got bags of clothes I haven't worn in a couple of years. Fitting into that size 8 again is not my goal. I'm heading towards something I can live with instead of becoming obsessed with a number.
I wish you luck & strength. You can do it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
(female)

lolita1972 HB User
Re: Has anyone successfully lost the weight they gained while on Prozac?

I used prozac but I had more of a libido problem, not weight. I did gain weith on celexa and I lost it when I started wellbutrin, I felt less hungry.I try to have a good anxiety med ,because anxiety makes me overeat.
good luck

leibnyz

Closed Thread