It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
(male)

surfer123 HB User
Help please, I keep having bad thoughts, am I okay?

Hello everyone... Well I came here looking for help and to see if whats happening to me is normal...

I am 16 years of age and I keep having bad thoughts... They are just completely random bad thoughts. They range from a alot of things that I know I would never do... you know, like hurting people and that kind of stuff... its hard for me to even type this. but i keep having bad thoughts and its stressing me out. after i have a bad thought i can just talk to myself for minutes telling myself that its ok, and that i would never do any of my bad thoughts and they dont matter. but it really bugs me that i have bad thoughts... i mean, I am a normal kid, i have alot of friends and everything. I get good grades... I get along with people.. and god knows I would never hurt people.

I just keep having these terrible bad thoughts and its stressing me out. Can someone tell me whats happening to me?

Last edited by surfer123; 05-09-2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: typos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

emeraldeyes114 HB User
Re: Help please, I keep having bad thoughts, am I okay?

Surfer,

It is hard to say what is going on per say but at times especially if someone is stressed in a sort of rage way they lash out. It doesn't nessarily mean they are mental or anything just not coping well. Do you have emotional swings from high to low? Or anything that might make you feel that you are abnormal in some fashion? If it is truly something that is clearly stressing you out perhaps talking to someone professionally and make sure there is nothing going on. It could be just a lot of stuff but A) it is hard to say from not a lot of info and B) really only a professional can make that call and C) i am just a member but willing to listen, share, and support you in any way that I can.

Eme

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
(male)

surfer123 HB User

Well I just read another post about someone who was having bad thoughts.

It sounded exactly like me, except I have bad thoughts about other things. I think I might have ocd because after I have a bad thought I repeat over and over and over that I'm okay, and that the bad thought was not me, and that it doesnt matter and blah blah blah...

I don't really have mood swings and stuff. Its just like, I don't know. Well, as an example, if I see something horrible in a movie, my brain like relates it to my life as if I were doing it. That alone bugs the heck out of me. I know that I would never do any of my bad thoughts... I just want to know if im crazy or something...

Old 05-10-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

dude - relax.....it's OCD
read up on it on the OCD board......that will put your mind at ease

Old 05-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #5
(female)

sheilahazalia HB User

hello ,i have had similiar problem since i was about your age( 21 now) and now its better, tell yourself it will get better that helps, i also was going to therapy at the time and when i said soemthing to my therapist she seemed to think it was something that happened when i got stressed out, maybe thats what is happening to you, maybe not, but either way she said that to accept that you had the thought and move on, otherwise it would just make it worse dwelling on it , i try now to pray not to have them and to re-route my thought process, immeddiately try to think of some other thought, hope that helped. i know how tormenting it can be to me sometimes but the one things that helped me the most is soemthing she said " the differance between good and bad people are not their thoughts but what they do"

Old 05-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #6
(male)

staralfur HB User

Do not fight the thoughts.

It doesn't have to be OCD, they can happen on their own or part of anxiety.

Just let them float by, give them room to just be, don't judge them and don't validate them just let them drift on by.

The more you try fighting them, the more they'll stick like glue.

Try meditation :]

Closed Thread