It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
(male)

BIGBOY772310 HB User
Question Deja Vu type feeling

Sometimes I will go about my day and get a vision if you will of me doing normal things. Yet these things have never happened before and I feel as though I am about to pass out and start to sweat. I have no idea what these things are and what triggers them. They feel like a deja vu dream sequence and last only a few seconds. They don't happen that often and I have no idea what it is. The visions almost feel like a dream but everytime they make me feel light headed and very flustered. It sounds like deja vu but these are accompanied with these feelings.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

emeraldeyes114 HB User
Re: Deja Vu type feeling

To be honest I am not sure of what it might be or even have an idea really. Is there anything going on emotionally or mentally that might be of further help? Have you talked to a doctor on this? They might be able to pinpoint something that may be not in fact mental at all but perhaps a physical condition.

Deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
(male)

staralfur HB User

Hi, I get these de-ja-vu feelings a lot, and I've come to notice that a lot of people on the OCD boards experience the same phenomena.

I've also noticed that if I just tell myself whilst I experience it, that it's just de-ja-vu, it passes and it doesn't happen as frequently.

I'm not saying you have OCD at all, I'm just saying have no fear, you're not losing it! Just chill and let it pass.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
(female)

TopamaxKillsMe HB User

Big Boy, Get thee to a neurologist!

I had these a lot when I was younger (about 20 years ago) and nobody would listen to me. I ended up getting this on the job one day (at a TV network LIVE) and had a grand mal seizure. What I was experiencing was an "aura" which is an episode which happens pre-seizure. I have been epileptic since.

These are usually detectable via a test known as an EEG which measures your brain waves.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
(female)

TopamaxKillsMe HB User

Here is an excerpt from the epilepsy site concerning auras and deja vu. I experienced these for a while before I actually had it followed by a seizure.:

What have we learned about auras?
Researchers who have studied different types of auras for many years have found patterns. For many people, the sensations in an aura occur in the same order. For example, you may always feel fear, then déjà vu (the feeling that you've been there before), then a strange taste in your mouth. This pattern would point towards the existence of a prominent seizure pathway in your brain.

The part of your brain where your seizures originate (your seizure focus) FocusThe center or region of the brain from which seizures begin; used in reference to partial seizures.Close also may be linked to a specific type of aura because an aura represents the beginning of a seizure. Since different parts of the brain are responsible for different things, the warning signs you experience will be related to the functions of the section of brain where the seizure is about to occur. People whose seizures begin in the temporal lobe tend to have certain types of auras and those whose seizures begin somewhere else often will have different types.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:31 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

kandr73 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOY772310 View Post
Sometimes I will go about my day and get a vision if you will of me doing normal things. Yet these things have never happened before and I feel as though I am about to pass out and start to sweat. I have no idea what these things are and what triggers them. They feel like a deja vu dream sequence and last only a few seconds. They don't happen that often and I have no idea what it is. The visions almost feel like a dream but everytime they make me feel light headed and very flustered. It sounds like deja vu but these are accompanied with these feelings.
I have these exact feeling for a year now, maybe a little longer. When if=t happens to me it feels like deja vu but I get very hot and weird feeling, I make it go away then it feelslike Im gna throw up. I have to make myself calm down cause it freaks me out so bad.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User

Panic attacks maybe?

Kathrin

Closed Thread