It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
(female)

Jailyn55 HB User
Is there something wrong with me mentally?..and i disturbed?

Well this has bothered me for a year now, im scared i may become a disturbed young woman. I am very facinated by crimes such as homicide and anything mean and evil. For some reason i love reading about how evil people can be and the things that they do, like torture animals or something, even when alot of the times i find it very disturbing and i get that feeling of like "how could someone be so evil?" im still facinated by it. So is this in any way normal? or should i get help

Old 09-30-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Musical_Muse HB User
Re: Is there something wrong with me mentally?..and i disturbed?

Hi Jailyn,

I think that simply the fact that you're concerned about this interest is a sign that you probably won't decide to torture animals or anything like it any time soon . I know that I am also fascinated by the psychology of peoples' decisions and attitudes (one of the reasons that I chose to major in Psychology when I first entered college a number of years ago), and I enjoy reading about and learning about various things within this field, if also to improve myself, too.

I think that you're probably just a worry wart. Your interests are probably just a sign that you want to learn more about what makes things tick, and I wouldn't really consider it to be more than that.

BTW, how old are you? Are you in college/planning to go to college?

~Colleen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

Hi:

It is actually very normal as a lot of people are curious to things they don't understand. They teach classes about it at the university level and just look on the programs on TV to see how wide spread it is. TV shows like Criminal Minds, American Justice, Law and Order and so forth plus the countless number of movies and books about the subject. If you have such a passion for these type of things maybe you should seek a career in such fields.

take care
trg247

Old 09-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
(female)

Jailyn55 HB User

right now yea i guess it could just be an interest. Althought it sometimes worries me why its an interest to me. Im also interested in law and legal rights and such

Last edited by moderator2; 10-01-2007 at 12:29 PM. Reason: do not post your age

Old 10-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User

I think a lot of people like to be shocked. I have looked at gory sites and the worst thing I did was look at the Iraq beheading videos, and let me tell you I can't get the image of the videos out of my head. I wish now that I would never have looked at them but it's too late.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-01-2007 at 12:29 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Closed Thread