It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User
Freak of the year award...Do I win? Kinda wish I were a female, sometimes.

I may win the "freak of the year award" with this post, and am not sure if this is the best place for this post, but perhaps there is some sort of weird mental things going on that aren't normal for men.

I'm not a "manly man". I don't care for sports, don't mind going to the mall, like shiney pretty things. . . . . . . generally think that women have the market on clothes and shoes. For example, I went to the shoe store with my sister, the other day, and while looking through the men's shoes, didn't find anything that I really cared to buy, but found about a half dozen pairs of women's shoes that were really cute, and I wished that I could wear them. I even picked out a "less feminine" pair in 11's but didn't buy them. Women have awesome clothes. So many styles and so many colors they can get away with wearing.

I hate the many aspects of manhood. I have way too much body hair. My hair line is vastly receeded. I'd love to do some of the great hairstyles ususally found on women. To be honest, I can't stand my weiner and scrotum. They get in the way and need constant protection. I realize women may say the same about their breasts so that could be a trade off.

However, the only thing that I wouldn't like about being female would be guys trying to pick me up. I'd probably be gay at that point.

So, do I win the award? Has anyone else had similar thoughts? Is there some need for therapy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Freak of the year award...Do I win? Kinda wish I were a female, sometimes.

DON'T SWEAT IT you're probably just in touch with your feminine side.....
are you a cancer by chance?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
DON'T SWEAT IT you're probably just in touch with your feminine side.....
are you a cancer by chance?
Leo, actually. I'm more in touch with it than I probably should be.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDC_Light View Post
Leo, actually. I'm more in touch with it than I probably should be.

LOL - well you have to be yourself and do what makes you comfortable.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

Quote:
LOL - well you have to be yourself and do what makes you comfortable.
I'd like to, but don't want to be ridiculed or looked down upon by others.

Oh, I need to clear up the shoes thing. I wasn't talking like pumps or heals. . . . . I was talking about what Skechers offers. So many cute shoes they have for women. The guys section of Skechers are completely boring or ugly.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh I love Sketchers.....I have 3 pair and I also got a pair of Rocket Dogs that are kinda like sketchers.....LOL
so are you saying you'd like to wear womens clothes?
There are men that like that and they are totally straight.....they just like the way it feels......

Old 10-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

Quote:
Oh I love Sketchers.....I have 3 pair and I also got a pair of Rocket Dogs that are kinda like sketchers.....LOL
so are you saying you'd like to wear womens clothes?
There are men that like that and they are totally straight.....they just like the way it feels......
Okay, let me try to explain it better. No, I don't want to wear women's clothing. I personally think it is the height of tackiness when men do that. What I'm saying is that sometimes I wish I had been a female, . . . THEN I would love to dress up in the latest styles, wear the cute skechers shoes, have great looking hair, fix my eyes with complimentary makeup, . . . . But as a guy I would never do those things because it would be SOOOOO silly looking on me. I have a man's body. Women's clothing is made for the female frame, with it's proportions, curves, etc. So, sometimes I wish I were a female, . . . . but would have to be gay, . . . . you know, . . because guys are. . . . . .

Last edited by EDC_Light; 10-22-2007 at 02:20 PM.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDC_Light View Post
Okay, let me try to explain it better. No, I don't want to wear women's clothing. I personally think it is the height of tackiness when men do that. What I'm saying is that sometimes I wish I had been a female, . . . THEN I would love to dress up in the latest styles, wear the cute skechers shoes, have great looking hair, fix my eyes with complimentary makeup, . . . . But as a guy I would never do those things because it would be SOOOOO silly looking on me. I have a man's body. Women's clothing is made for the female frame, with it's proportions, curves, etc. So, sometimes I wish I were a female, . . . . but would have to be gay, . . . . you know, . . because guys are. . . . . .

so it sounds like what you're saying is that women have more options......
oh believe me all that stuff gets old, and becomes a pain in the butt some times.......it'd be nice to be a man and not be expected to wear makeup, etc......

Old 10-22-2007, 05:59 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

Are you saying that you're trans-gender? Would you REALLY rather be a woman, than a man?

I don't like men's clothes either....too boring.....yawn......

Lil

Old 10-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

When it comes to fashion and hairstyles, women win, hands down. As for makeup, I probably wouldn't use all that much, but would accent eyes, . . . would probably use lotions with those light reflecting micro beads.

I think a lot of it comes down to what I don't like about myself are things associated mostly with the male gender and what is expected, for example, body hair, male pattern baldness, but also goes into areas of "feining manliness" because people don't respect a feminine man, especially in my religion, which is Christianity. Of course, we all know it is a patriarchical religion anyway.

I'm not sure if I am "trans-gendered". I would never act upon it, if I even were. I was born a male, so I will live that way, regardless. I will have to covet the very cute skechers shoes on women and live with what I was born with.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

About the award.....no you don't win......

Please keep talking.

Lil

Old 10-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

Well, okay. . . . perhaps I don't win the award, but I'm definitely not your typical guy. And that concerns me. It was one of the things that my ex wife SAID was something she didn't like about me. . . . that I was "not man enough". But I can't help who I am. I'm not manly. Again, I'm not going to cross-dress, and I think it looks tacky when men do it. Sorry, but most cross-dressed men I've seen just look rediculous because women's fashion has a lot to do with the female form, the way the clothes lay on or rest against the figure. I would look completely foolish, with my "man physique", wearing the same thing that a woman standing next to me was wearing. So, no cross-dressing in my future. Again, will just covet from afar.

I have been drawn to the strong female figures in TV/Movies. For example, Lara Croft Tomb Raider, Alias, Dark Angel, etc. . . and love the very fit body type that kick butt rather than the bulky meat-headed male action type. It's like, d'uh, of course those type of men will do a good job at kicking butt, but when such men are surprised and taken down by these strong female types, I just love it!

Here's another piece of the puzzle. . . . I also love it when "she doesn't get her man". It's one of the things I liked about both Tomb Raider movies. The only time she is making out with a guy is to distract him (and it is so easily done by the weaker sex, men) so she can leave without him following.

Am I getting closer to the award yet? Perhaps one of the "runner up" places?

Old 10-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

Nope, not yet.....

How many women in your family.....how many men?

Lil

Old 10-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri Lily View Post
Nope, not yet.....

How many women in your family.....how many men?

Lil
I have one mother and one father. . . . . . .big shock, I'm sure. I have two brothers who are older, both married, and a sister, younger and married. One brother has two sons, one around 9, the other around 14. My sister has a 2 1/2 year old girl.

That's my family.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

What about your childhood.....did you want to play with Barbie, or Spiderman?

Did you like little girl's clothes?

Did your thinking change over a period of time?

Lil

Closed Thread