It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
(female)

Septerra HB User
How to get over someone you have to see every day?

Well I used to have this friend, best friends actually.
We were friends for 8 years, ever since we were just kids.
I happened to fall in love with him, and he said he didn't want to ruin our friendship by going out.
It was hard to accept but I did, as long as we could just be friends and be together.
Then he started going out with this other girl, and I developed chronic third-wheel syndrome.
He(my best friend at the time), started hanging out with new people around that time.
They seemed to change him into the biggest jerk ever.
He was so self-absorbed, cocky, and uncaring about our friendship.
He blew me off to be with his other friends and girlfriend.
I tried to be friends with them too, but they were mean and he didn't seem to notice or care.
All along I was still in love with him.
One day(in mid-March 2007) our friendship just abruptly ended after a few months of this new personality he'd developed.
I thought I could just move on, and let it all behind me.
I figured I wouldn't have to deal with his crappy new friends that treated me like crap, or him.
But it's not like that. He's my neighbor and we go to the same high school. Those two things obviously allowed us to be very close friends at one time but now they work against me.
He still talks to some of my friends and I can't stand that fact.
Every time I see him I feel a strange twist of sadness, longing, love, hate, everything.
And he still has his "I don't care" attitude.

So I've wasted over half a year not over this guy that I was madly in love with. He's nothing but a self-absorbed jerk now that I want nothing to do with, but can't get over. I know it might sound like immature teenage stuff, but I'm 17 and not just some stupid kid. This feeling is real and it's tearing me apart. For half a year I've had this strange thing where I just wanted to escape certain situations, not just in regards to him, but to other things in my life. It's becoming a problem. Can someone please give me some tips on how to just get over him, forever. I want him to be nothing more than another stranger walking by me in the hall.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
(female)

chanel89 HB User
Re: How to get over someone you have to see every day?

wow, that's a tough situation to be in! Have you tried talking to him about how he's changed and how it makes you feel?

As for getting over him, I really don't know what to say. I've never found a way to get over people. You just have to let it happen, I guess. You can't really control your feelings for someone. I wish I had some way of helping you out on this. Maybe try avoiding him? Idk. But I hope things work out for you! Good luck! =)

Chanel

Old 12-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User
Re: How to get over someone you have to see every day?

fastest way to get over someone is to find someone else to be gaga over. dont call him, dont talk to him, ignore him. if he talks to your firends so what. Dont ask your friends what they were talking about. He obviously never loved you or cared about you. I know its hard to stop feelings.

Find someone who is deserving of your affections.

Closed Thread