It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
(male)

brando76 HB User
Angry Waking Up With Bad Mood

Hi,
I have been waking up with a bad mood snapping at everyone past these few days that has been lasting all day. I feel tired, grumpy, short on patience and my eyes feel like they just want to close.
I have been getting plenty of sleep (8-12hrs) so I dont think sleep is an issue unless I am getting more then enough. Does anyone know how can I make the best of this or try to be more positive which I do try but my anger seems stronger? I have called in sick because I didnt want to snap at anyone at work past these couple of days and I am not getting any better.
Anything anyone?
Thanks

Old 12-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Waking Up With Bad Mood

Hi:

Not sure if this applies to you or not but what I dream of during the night has a lot to do with the mood I wake up with.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
(male)

brando76 HB User

Honestly I cant remember what I dream about most of the time. I get more of a grumpy feeling like I want to go back to sleep. I feel this way all day and I had plenty of sleep, I just want to know what can I do to trick myself out of feeling this way?

Old 12-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

Hi:

If I were you I would go see the doctor and have a lot of blood work done first to rule out any possible physical issues first like thyroid, anemia, mono or what have you. It is a lot easier to deal with when it is something physical rather than something mental also a lot easier to diagnose.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 12-20-2007, 08:11 PM   #5
(male)

cherokepyrte HB User

Short of a dr visit, try getting to bed earlier & getting up earlier. Less sleep is not always a bad thing, especially when you're getting too much (8 - 12 hrs). Most grown adults only need 5-7 hrs of sleep a night to be healthy in the mind when they wake up. Your nocturnal activity might be overactive also. Do you roll a lot or squirm in your sleep? Apnea is another possiblity. If you're sleeping but not resting then you're doing yourself no good. Try switching sides on the bed. Try a new pillow. Waking up in a bad mood can be a sign that there is something wrong with your sleep pattern too. Rising and bedding differently may reset your clock. It could be a physical ailment but i, personally, try to not go to the dr as much as i don't really have to. I like my dr but the less i see him the better i feel lol. Shane

Old 12-21-2007, 09:08 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

When did this start, and what's different now, than before?

Something triggered it....

Has it been going on for long....creeping up on you slowly.......or did it happen all of a sudden?

These things could help figure out if it's a physical ailment, or increased stress....or both.

Lil

Old 12-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
(male)

brando76 HB User

I kind of narrowed it down to a medication the doctor gave me called Topomax. But I only took .05MG in the morning and at night. I never had seen a medication that worked so fast on day one like that.
Does anyone know anything about Topomax? The doctor gave it to me to help elevate my mood & morning migraines since I suffer from sleep deprivation, but I seem to suffer from the side effects which hopefully will go away.
Sorry, I seriously forgot about the Topomax. But I just started taking it....So sudden! I will do a ****** search on Topomax

Old 12-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Topomax is for migraines and also for nerve pain. It is also used for appeitite suppresion for weight loss. Some people say that it makes the "edgy." Maybe this is bothering you... I have been taking it for my nerve pain, but don't have problems with it but have talked with folks who have had problems with it,

Old 01-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

campingirl72 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando76 View Post
I kind of narrowed it down to a medication the doctor gave me called Topomax. But I only took .05MG in the morning and at night. I never had seen a medication that worked so fast on day one like that.
Does anyone know anything about Topomax? The doctor gave it to me to help elevate my mood & morning migraines since I suffer from sleep deprivation, but I seem to suffer from the side effects which hopefully will go away.
Sorry, I seriously forgot about the Topomax. But I just started taking it....So sudden! I will do a ****** search on Topomax
brando, are you still taking it? do you still feel this way? I just started taking Topomax 3 days ago and have felt very grumpy and snappy since then.

Closed Thread