It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User
anxiety and worrying of 'losing it'

I could really use some advice or insight right now, all my life i've had anxiety, literally since i was in preschool and didnt know what anxiety was. always worrying, i have OCD but i can control it well, i guess its just my generalized anxiety i seem to have alot. well, i'm 8 months pregnant right now and i cant really do much so i worry, its all anxiety, i know, but its take a hold of me. this might sound stupid but the things i worry about are that i will hurt my cats even though i've been a cat lady all my life and i worry that i will hurt my baby just this past week even though i cant wait to hold him. and when i hear something 'bad' on the news or like that i get this rush through my stomach to my groin like the words murder, because it scares me. i know this sounds so stupid and i have been having alot of anxiety mixed with depression i dont really know why i feel horrible and i just want to enjoy my life already! sometimes i worry i'm gonna go crazy or am slowly going crazy and it scares me. i am thinkin about talkin to someone i feel comfortable with i just dont even know where to start i feel like a big cloud in my brain. any help or support will help me out right now thanks!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User
Re: anxiety and worrying of 'losing it'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsten07 View Post
I could really use some advice or insight right now, all my life i've had anxiety, literally since i was in preschool and didnt know what anxiety was. always worrying, i have OCD but i can control it well, i guess its just my generalized anxiety i seem to have alot. well, i'm 8 months pregnant right now and i cant really do much so i worry, its all anxiety, i know, but its take a hold of me. this might sound stupid but the things i worry about are that i will hurt my cats even though i've been a cat lady all my life and i worry that i will hurt my baby just this past week even though i cant wait to hold him. and when i hear something 'bad' on the news or like that i get this rush through my stomach to my groin like the words murder, because it scares me. i know this sounds so stupid and i have been having alot of anxiety mixed with depression i dont really know why i feel horrible and i just want to enjoy my life already! sometimes i worry i'm gonna go crazy or am slowly going crazy and it scares me. i am thinkin about talkin to someone i feel comfortable with i just dont even know where to start i feel like a big cloud in my brain. any help or support will help me out right now thanks!
You have alot going on right now but some of your thoughts really worry me. I think you really need to talk to your Gyno and let him/her know what is going on. Please do this as soon as possible. You are not alone as many people go through this. You are not a bad person and you are not weak... you have alot of hormones raging through your body and you have no control over that.... Please call your doc ASAP and let them know what is going on.... There are there to help you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Jenn.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Hi Kirsten, I have recovered from anxiety and I think that we become anxious because while growing up we never got to feel secure in our environment. I think that understanding what affected you can help you to stop feeling anxious and feel secure for once (of course it is a recovery process). (And therapy is a great idea!)

Last edited by Sannah; 01-18-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

Hi Kirsten....

I think that you should do what Jenn said, and see a Doctor, because hormones are tricky devils. You want to make sure everything is in proper balance.

Having said that, I think part of your problem may be that you are questioning what kind of Mother you will be. Are you having some doubts about being a good Mother?

I don't have kids, so I'm just guessing......

Lil

Old 01-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User

i'm not going to hurt anyone.. its my anxiety i was just wondering if anyone has felt like i do. hurting someone is not something thats gonna happen i dont need asap help i guess i just needed to vent i feel very anxious alot of the time for no reason, then thats when i fill my head with anxiety.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

Kirsten...

There is a reason for your anxiety...if you can tell us about it, maybe we can help.

Lil

Old 03-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User

kirsten07 you mentioned ocd and i too have ocd and that is what i struggle with is the intrusive thoughts which is a form of the obsessions of ocd. i constanlty worry i am going to harm someone and even though i never would and know that it really plays with your mind and scares you. the anxiety can bring this on worse and your hormones are probably not helping. i have had 3 kids so i know about that part. you do need to talk to your dr and let them know what is going on. do you think this is part of your ocd you were talking about. if so it is intrusive thoughts. they say people with the ocd that have these would never hurt anyone. they are the last ones that would ever do it. the fact that it scares and worries you means that you would not do it either. people that act on these would not be on here telling about it and would not be worried about the thoughts. hope it gets better for you and good luck with the baby and pregnancy.

Closed Thread