It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
(female)

steph10 HB User
Long Term effects of a concussion

Last April i suffered a grade 3 concussion in a rugby game, i didn't black out but i played the rest of the game and told my coach afterwards. I was taken to the hospital for a CT scan which showed nothing. I didn't play any sports for 2 weeks. In the fall i played on a hockey team and in one of the practices i got hit in the head and i had a headache for about a half an hour. Two months later the same thing happened but in a game. Last month i was fourwheeling when i lost control and i jumped off and hit my head, I was wearing a helmet, but my head hurt for a while afterwards. Now my parents want me to try out for the school rugby team and im wondering if i get another hit to the head that i might not be able to play sports again. Any advice?

Steph10

Old 02-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Long Term effects of a concussion

There are a lot of new studies being done that are showing a more clear link between concussions and mental health. The big risk normally is when the first concussion has not healed properly and another concussion happens no matter how minor it is, football players and wrestlers are a prime example where they come back to quit then pay for it later on. I would imagine your first concussion is healed but your taking the right approach with caution. Go talk to your doctor and see what his or her advice is as they are much more familiar with the risk level involved

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread