It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
Severe anxiety and other mental health problems

I am scared I am losing my mind. I have severe anxiety problems, I am always worried about my health for one. I haven't been able to eat properly, no solid foods, in about 4 years now.
About a month ago I had my first sleepwalking episode and it really scared me and I am scared of what I might do or could have done during this sleepwalking episode. My husband said I woke up at like 3am and started trying to wake my kids up for school. He said I was incoherent and he was trying to talk to me but I was just mumbling. He said I woke up, went in and tried to wake the kids up then went back to bed and went back to sleep. He said I had a glazed look in my eyes like I wasn't all there. Of course I wasn't, I think I remember getting up and knocking something off the nightstand table next to me and it startled me and that is when I got up but not really clear. Sleepwalking in adults is not normal is it? I am afraid of hurting someone or myself if I do this again. I have never had anything like this happen to me before. I have been under severe stress and anxiety though over many things, like my own health, money, worried about not making enought money and paying bills, and everything just eating at me all at once.
I watched a scary movie the other night with my husband and I have been disturbed since then. I have nightmares early in the mornings right before I wake up usually, and I have disturbing thoughts that run through my head, about seeing bad things happen to the people that I love or bad dreams about something happening to them. I had a really weird dream about being locked in a closet by monsters this morning and woke up and have been on edge all day. I want the anxiety to go away, I want the disturbing thoughts to go away. I think stress and anxiety are a lot of my problem too. I feel as though I am going to lose it at any minute sometimes. And back to the sleepwalking episodes. Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to you? I am scared to go get help, I have to go to the reduced based on income clinic if I get help because I have no insurance, my husband also went there and they treat people like garbage! I don't want to go to them mental hospital but I want help!
Please any advice is greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Severe anxiety and other mental health problems

Hello H,

Know that within every facility is a patients rights and responsibilities pamphlet.

Read through it and be aware of their specific rules and regulations, then ask for the desired care and consideration that should be afforded to you by their facility.

If you are really in crisis mode, go to the ER and explain your situation.

Take care.

Phoenix

Old 06-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User

OK i actually was just like you, not for 4 years, maybe for a year...except for the sleepwalking thing which others would just have laughed off. i acually had a huge anxiety attack once i couldny move my hands they curled up and i thought i was dieing it was so scary i was taken by an ambulance to the hospital. i used to think i had heart problemd and brain tumors, always had pains in my body etc. but you know what? i snapped out of it. every once in awhile i will catch myself thinking into my old ways but i know what i am thinking,feeling is just anxiety. you probably need a counselor. maybe a mental hospital is good, not that your crazy, but someone to help you see that all this is in your head. anxiety will always be a part of my life but i control it now and i catch it before it takes a grip on my life. you have been this way for 4 YEARS, your brain/body is in the anxiety cycle and you need help to break it, it will be very hard to do it alone. good luck

Old 06-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
(female)

srl506 HB User

I read your post, but I don't think you need to be hospitalized! I have suffered from anxiety attacks and all the fear and issues that come along with it for over 10 years. I suggest you check out the anxiety thread. I am on medication and lead a normal life now. Good luck to you, don't wait any longer to seek help!

Old 06-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
(male)

Danber HB User

Hi,
IMO what's being happened during the day usually has effect later in the day, for eg night dreams usually reflect our day thoughts and events. Try not over worry about stuff during your day and see if it makes any difference.

Also about nightwalk I dont think thats very odd, if happened only once, Ive seen examples but if it happenes frequently you might consider seeing a consultant.

Closed Thread