It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
(male)

Danber HB User
What kind of disorder?

Hi,

Within the last 6 years I've experienced a major change in my behavior, at first I didn't know what was happening exactly except my states aren't stable I got really nerves and mad sometimes, moreover stomach cramps happen like after eating at first I started to treat it as stomach issue for a couple of years but it doesn't seem like that.

I went to psychiatric whom advised me with "Resperdal" with I took like 6 month, then another psychiatric advised me with "Alprax(Alprazolam)" and "lithium" which I've been taking over a year now, this helps more than Resperdal but doesn't heal completely.. also brain scan(EGG) is fine.

My states now is that I m having like these kinds of problems frequently which I believe is caused mostly by brain but I m not very sure if other things involved.
First I will go through situations which leads to the problem then the consequences and symptoms which happen to be the same after each situation for example:

I woke up in the morning and find my head race through thoughts, I took a nap during the day and after I woke up I feel sick and stressed, I thought at my own like going away with my mind or analyzing something happened, I got into stressful situation or distraction which leads to that kind of thoughts race I just mentioned.

Symptoms are: first and most important is (stray) like losing control of my mind cant think or function normally, seeing things around from a different perspective(wrong sense mostly), poverty of (speech, hearing and understanding), hands shake, weakness, sleepy, less energy, also one of the major symptoms is like stomach cramps but more I believe, it feels like whole my body left side from head to stomach is all feeling sick and tightened, like one nerve extending from my back head right side to my abdomen left side(this happening correspondingly with mind thoughts) under this condition eating makes it go much much worse like more stress and food indigestion.

I've searched through different mental disorders but haven't really got an exact match cause of that "mind stray or lose" I m currently experiencing.
I think its kind of Bipolar disorder cause of mood swings according to when I feel bad or good(more active, talkative and less need to sleep).

I m feeling this unique after all my readings about different types of disorders.. If someone knows something about that I will be glad to hear. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: What kind of disorder?

It is a little bit odd that the doctor would prescribe those drugs and not give you a diagnosis. From what you are describing it could be a number of different things or none of them at all plus they could also be a side effect of the medication. The best bet is to get a firm diagnosis from a licensed professional then go from there.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 06-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
(male)

Danber HB User
Re: What kind of disorder?

Hi trg247,
Yes the problem is that I haven't got a clear diagnosis from the two therapists I've seen so far, so probably I will go ahead and see another professional to get a clear one, I was thinking of that really.

thanks for reply, take care.

Closed Thread