It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

daph36 HB User
why does my mind want to think bad thoughts

why does my mind want to think bad thoughts why does ocd make you think bad thoughts about god, jesus, or the holy spirit

Old 01-10-2009, 05:35 AM   #2
(female)

TigerGirl HB User
Re: why does my mind want to think bad thoughts

I think being OCD or whatever is just about having thoughts that run wild. Some of us go through a stage like this as a kid, too. (I know my thoughts ran wild and I had all kinds of nonsensical thoughts, some about God, some about sex, and almost everything else, when I was about ten or so when I started puberty.) What's going on is, there is some nutritional or neurological or psychological reason your mind is out of control running wild.

You probably don't have enough of a certain amino acid or something pumping in your brain and are thus having trouble controlling your thoughts. There are mental techniques that can help you learn to control thoughts, but there probably is a biological component and you have to solve the biological reason first with a medication or a nutritional supplement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2009, 05:36 AM   #3
(female)

TigerGirl HB User

Also, you tend to have thoughts about things that are most serious to you. If you worry about sex, your thoughts about sex will run wild. If you are a spiritual person or have concerns about religion, your god thoughts will run wild. That's probably what's going on. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you as a spiritual, religious or all around good person. Bad thoughts doesn't mean the person is bad. The thoughts aren't you. They're just thoughts.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

fossilapostle HB User

Well, probably if you thought good, happy thoughts all the time, you wouldn't really consider it a problem, would you? You'd just think you were a happy person. Maybe some people with OCD do think happy thoughts all the time and don't even realize they have OCD. Maybe they just think they're really postive optimistic people?

Closed Thread