It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
(female)

kristelr101 HB User
talking to people that aren't there

ok so when i'm in my room i talk to people from movies like the movie was real and like i say in this imaganary world that my parents wern't my real parents and they made a deal with my real parents and now they have to give me back(my parents are my real parents) i talk to fake family that except me. in real life i don't talk to my parents or my brothers or sisters they don't really like me. i'm the youngest i want to escape from the bad things but i always get pulled back i'm afraid of every thing around me my fake personalitie is named kristel riddle shes brave strong and can't die. even if thats not my real name i wish it was. i want to stick up to people and stop hiding but i'm to scared people think i'm tough but i'm afraid of them too i talk to my fake dad and my fake mom is dead and she was like the nicest person in the world her kindness got her killed. i could write a book about my personalitie and it will scare people. i'm hated being mean to people when i was mad so i hurt my self instead. i told my parents and they would never hear me they never listen to me. i feel so lonley all the time . i'm crazy in my opinion can you help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

fossilapostle HB User
Re: talking to people that aren't there

When I was very young, maybe around from like 3 or 4 until I was 8 or 9, I had this persistant fanstasy that I was from Mars and that my parents were not my real parents. They were selected to raise me. Everyone in the world knew that I wasn't really human and all the people around me were actors pretending to think I was normal. This was done so that they (whoever "they" were) could study me as I grew up and learn about Martians. I can't really say how much I really "believed" it. I mean, deep down I knew it wasn't true, but I don't think you can have a fanatasy like that for years w/o it affecting you somewhat.

But I just grew out of it eventually. I didn't make any special effort to do so. How old are you, may I ask? Obviously you're older than I was, but if you are a teenager, feelings of alienation and feeling like you are a different kind of being from everyone around you are not at all uncommon.

You definitely aren't crazy. If you really believed these things to be true, that would be one thing, but if you really believed them to be true, you wouldn't think that you were crazy for believing them, would you?

However, I think that you could benefit from some counseling. Couldn't you tell your parents that you would like to talk to a psychlogist without them exactly why? If they insist on knowing why, tell them you are feeling very depressed or that you are having panic attacks or something like that. Once you talk to a psychologist, what you say is just between you and them.

Anyway, good luck to you.

Last edited by fossilapostle; 06-01-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

reg12 HB User

Hi kristelr,
Let me start off with saying I do not think you are crazy. The things that you mentioned are ways that our minds cope and adapt to certain events or issues in our lives. I do understand kristel riddle and her importance to you. It is good to have someone that we can depend upon.
Keep talking to your parents. Do not stop trying to tell them. Try to talk to them about how you deal with being mean to people when you get mad also. Please look on this site and you will find more on that. When you feel really lonely be sure to come back here. You will find lots of poeple that will listen and that do care.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
(female)

kristelr101 HB User

thank you i stoped hurting my self when i told my parents about it.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
(female)

kristelr101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossilapostle View Post
When I was very young, maybe around from like 3 or 4 until I was 8 or 9, I had this persistant fanstasy that I was from Mars and that my parents were not my real parents. They were selected to raise me. Everyone in the world knew that I wasn't really human and all the people around me were actors pretending to think I was normal. This was done so that they (whoever "they" were) could study me as I grew up and learn about Martians. I can't really say how much I really "believed" it. I mean, deep down I knew it wasn't true, but I don't think you can have a fanatasy like that for years w/o it affecting you somewhat.

But I just grew out of it eventually. I didn't make any special effort to do so. How old are you, may I ask? Obviously you're older than I was, but if you are a teenager, feelings of alienation and feeling like you are a different kind of being from everyone around you are not at all uncommon.

You definitely aren't crazy. If you really believed these things to be true, that would be one thing, but if you really believed them to be true, you wouldn't think that you were crazy for believing them, would you?

However, I think that you could benefit from some counseling. Couldn't you tell your parents that you would like to talk to a psychlogist without them exactly why? If they insist on knowing why, tell them you are feeling very depressed or that you are having panic attacks or something like that. Once you talk to a psychologist, what you say is just between you and them.

Anyway, good luck to you.
thank's for the info, I'm to scared to go talk to someone in person about things like this. I don't like feeling rejected. I'll try to see if it works out. by the way i'm 14

Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

reg12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristelr101 View Post
thank you i stoped hurting my self when i told my parents about it.
Well that is good. You need to keep trying them. Sometimes parents have to learn how to listen. Sometime we have to help them learn to do that.

Closed Thread