It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2002, 03:05 PM   #1

canyonspirit72 HB User
Post Help! I need answers about seroquel-PLEASE

Hi guys,
I need to ask people who are or have been on seroquel aquestion. Here is my situation- I have had ot take seroquel in very high dosages when i got my meds straight and lately it has gone down I take 25mg in am 25 in late afternoon and 50mg at bedtime...in the meantime i am quit smoking and I experiencing burning and itching sensations on my arms and it seems to move to other parts of my body....I aske dmy Rn and she told me she thinks its the smoking and not seroquel...so has anyone has the burning or itching when taking seroquel and has to stop or anybody go thru what i am going thru.....I keep getting the run around with my rn who prescribes the meds...i see her in 2 days but I am scared that is might be the seroquel and that is the only thing that helps me sleep.....can someone response please.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2002, 11:41 AM   #2
Inactive

Megherc HB User
Do a search on the drug. I did and it mentions rash as a common side effect and I suppose itching and burning is a lesser version of a rash. So maybe it could be the drug.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2002, 11:17 AM   #3
Inactive

clouds HB User
bite it in half and take half a tablet

Old 12-14-2002, 05:37 PM   #4

dawnmargaret HB User
I take it for sleep at night and I get bad headaches in the morning but no itching or burning.

------------------
~Dawn~

-I am guilty of wanting too much..

Old 12-18-2002, 12:57 PM   #5
(female)

carjol HB User
Talking

Hi there. I haven't been on a board for years. But I just discovered this one last night.

I've been taking Seroquel for more than 3 years and I LOVE IT! I have never experienced what you are tho. I looked at the patient information leaflet that comes with the prescription and it says 'SIDE EFFECTS: Unlikely but report promptly any skin rash, itching or trouble breathing.'

My only side effects were an initial weight gain of 50lbs that is just now reversing (which is good). And I still have such vivid dreams that I wake up kind of drained from them. But that's it. Seroquel works so well for me that the weight gain & vivid dreams are worth it. People used to bug me so bad that I'd get very upset and angry. Thanks to Seroquel it's much easier to let it go and not get so bothered. Some people will always get me but it's so much better.
I'm also on Paxil since 1997 which has taken care of my Death Anxiety really well.

I'm Borderline, Schizoid, Schizotypal, Schizoaffective, Post Tramatic Disorders among others. I was granted Social Security Disability in 1999.

I am taking 100mg Seroquel & 30mg Paxil in the AM and 200mg Seroquel in the PM.

Why were you prescribed Seroquel to begin with?

I hope I've helped in any way.

Old 01-04-2003, 09:54 PM   #6

Gail HB User
I have taken Seroquel for about four years and have never had an itching problem either. I hope you find out what is causing it.

Carjol, How do you stay awake during the day after taking 100mg of Seroquel?

Gail

Old 01-06-2003, 09:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

west virginia girl HB User
I am on seoquel 25mg at bedtime and it knocks me out. I can hardly move about half an hour after I take it. But I have not had any side effects from it. Is what I was wondering the mental health facility where I get my medicine is not going to be able to get my medicine till this friday and I'm out and I was just wondering if I will notice anything from not taking it for four days?

Old 01-07-2003, 12:09 PM   #8
(female)

carjol HB User
Lightbulb

Hi there,
I haven't checked this board for a while heres a couple answers:

I'm actually back taking 200mg Seroquel in the AM again instead of just 100mg. I also take 200mg in the PM. I didn't know Seroquel 'knocked' people out like it does you guys. And I am amazed at such a lose dose as 25mg. as some are taking. Boy, I don't know. I wake up pretty good in the morning. I'm on SSDI and not working so I go to bed about 1 or 2 AM and wake up by Noon. I make myself a 4 x espresso and I take my meds while I'm waiting for it. I also take a 'Centrum Preformance' vitamin, a B complex with C vitamin and a E vitamin. I think the 'Centrum Preformance' gives me a boost. Another thought as to how I can take such a high dose in the AM is that I have a VERY HIGH TOLERANCE to things. It could also be becuz I am seriously brain damaged & Mentally Ill.

------------------
Schizotypal/Schizoid, Hepitis C, Fibromyalgia, IBS, among other things.

Old 01-07-2003, 12:23 PM   #9
(female)

carjol HB User
Thumbs down

West Virginia Girl,
I forgot to comment on your question. (Sorry)
Um, 4 days without Seroquel? I tried a while back to stop taking Seroquel cuz of the 50 lb weight gain, and it was horrible. It was very upsetting for me. I felt weird head rushes and light headedness and just felt weird. I went back on it right away cuz it was very distressing. Thats when I decided that the weight gain was worth taking the Seroquel.

But remember that everyone is differant. I mean 25mg KNOCKS YOU OUT! And I take 200mg and it doesn't knock me out at all. In fact I take 200mg in the AM too! What I LOVE Seroquel for so much, is that it helps me to tolerate Life better. Thats mainly why I am taking it. It helps ALLOT with my ANGER and FRUSTRATION and RAGE.

I hope this helps.
-Carol

------------------
Schizotypal/Schizoid, Hepitis C, Fibromyalgia, IBS, among other things.

Old 01-07-2003, 06:22 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

west virginia girl HB User
Hi carol I mispoke I take two 25mg pills at night.But they absoulty knock me out but the good news is...I got my seoquel today,It came in thank goodness. I don't really think I could have stood it till friday without them but you know something...I don't even know what seoquel is for,When I looked it up it said for a mental disorder but how does it help instead of just making me sleepy. Take care

Old 01-26-2003, 12:10 PM   #11

brum HB User
I've been taking 25 mg Seroquel at night to help me sleep. Recently increased to 50 mg because I was feeling so depressed and unable to sleep. Side affects listed include weight gain--but the small print says may cause weight loss. I also take Wellbutrin and Celexa which do not cause weight gain. Any thoughts on whether Seroquel at a very low dose could cause weight gain?

Old 05-14-2003, 12:03 PM   #12

pillpopper HB User
i take 400mg and it doesnt knock me out at all.
i stopped taking it for 3 months and everthing went fine, untill felt like not a sharp view, blurred, misty . now i take it again

Old 08-14-2004, 09:51 PM   #13

reespaige HB User
Re: Help! I need answers about seroquel-PLEASE

Hi, I have not had any itching with seroqual. However I have put on about 20 pounds in 3 months and my feet, legs and arms are swollen along with terrible pain in most all of my joints. I was taking 300 mg during the day and 600 mg at bedtime. I stopped takinf it last night. My doctor has replaced it with Trazodone, am hoping the side effects are nowhere as bad. Does anyone out there know anything about Trazodone?

Old 09-25-2007, 06:03 AM   #14
(male)

Paul Australia HB User

seroqual I have found can make the skin itchy due to the sun light, it can cause a exmar cant spell the word, okay dry skin or oily skin depending on how the body works, and maybe for some hair loss that can cause the itch hope this helps.
Paul Australia

Old 09-25-2007, 06:14 AM   #15
(male)

Paul Australia HB User

Gee high tolerance to seroqual, I have just made it from 500mg to 550mg at night and still be on a high, when I do feel sleepy but not ready to shut down I sip soft drink with sugar, this stops the dry mouth, when still awake, in the worst case I take a sleeping pill Tamaz 10mg, if I am having the bad dreams before I do sleep some times the seroqual just does not work or do a thing at times o you lucky one's on a lower dose make sure you look after your body or you will need a higher dose, with so many ugly side affects, I wish I could only take a low dose you lucky people.
Paul Australia

Closed Thread