It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
(female)

laceymay HB User
Am I mentally making myself sick?

Okay, well I've been on homebound with school for two weeks now. I would be coming home from school sick like, almost every day. Since I've been home, I haven't been having TOO much of a problem, and my parents are accusing me of my problems being mental. They say "Well maybe when you're at school you worry about it so you make yourself sick." Could that be possible? I mean, half of the time I come home and I actually am sick...

And another thing that gets me is my fear of throwing up. I hate it. It's so nasty and gross. My sister just called my mom saying she's been throwing up for the last hour, and instantly when she told me that, I started to feel sick to my stomach. And that happens a lot with me, if people tell me they've been sick with the stomach flu or something, or say they feel like they're going to throw up, I feel like I'll throw up. Is that like... really bad? xD Thanks.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User
Re: Am I mentally making myself sick?

I don't think you can really mentally make yourself sick with the flu or cold. But it is a fact that depression/stress can slow down a person's immune system making them recover from sickness slower.

Also, really bad anxiety makes me naseous and visual grossness can make a person naseous as well. Maybe you are visualizing your sister throwing up and maybe that is why you are naseous hearing it. But I am not sure. That's just I thought. Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread