It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
(male)

AlexB1001 HB User
Huge feelings of dread when going out

It's a problem I've had for a while, and I just have no clue what on earth it might be.

Whenever I am going out with my friends, whether to the pub, a house or a party, every single second before we arrive I feel a sickening amount of dread. I have a good social life, I get on well with my friends and I almost always enjoy my nights out, so there's nothing in my mind that should make me worry about the social events I attend, yet all the same I get a huge mix of anticipation, fear and dread sitting in the pit of my stomach like nausea whenever I am about to go somewhere.

It also comes on when I know people (even people I really want to see) are about to come to the place I am, or if I know we're going to move places. I never get this problem when I'm out with my parents or once I'm at the "social event" or leaving it to go home - meaning is it some sub-conscious feeling of being unsafe or an irrational worry about something going wrong?

It doesn't really seem to be social anxiety because I really enjoy myself once I'm AT those places I'm going to. It's the moments (even getting ready to go) leading up to arriving at them that gives me an overwhelming sense of dread.

Very strange. Could you think of what it might be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User
Re: Huge feelings of dread when going out

I'm not sure, but maybe some time in the past there was a horrible incident before a social event and there is still that paranoia that it may happen again in the moments before any social event for you. If that is the case then it is post tramatic stress. But if not then I don't know why your mind behaves this way before going out if the events always turn out well. Hope that helps or sheds light for any other possibility.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread