It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

icm HB User
conversion disorder

does anyone else ever been dignoised with conversion disorder i was on june 30th. its caused by stress.instead of having stress like others mine came out through body symtoms.i was having stroke/seizure symtoms and even more health condtions .i even showed signs of ms where i couldn't move my hands .i now have to see a psychtrist and have therapy to get well.i have avoid all stresses in everyday life.i also have had weakness,fatigue,and i have a hard time multi-tasking now. if anyone has heard of this or has it i would love to hear back from you.... kelly

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: icm
Fashion nana (03-06-2011), Robwen (03-13-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to icm For This Useful Post:
alwys4gvn (02-17-2011)
Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
(female)

Kendra01 HB UserKendra01 HB User
Re: conversion disorder

I recenlty have learned of this condition. It fascinates me because I have suffered from muscle issues for several years and have not been able to get a diagnosis. I wonder if I have this conversion disorder since I live in constant stress and I used to have Panic Attacks about 10 years ago. I worked on it and got rid of those.

Would you recommend a psycharist or psycholgist to determine if I have conversion disorder? It offers great hope for me because I just want to know what is causing the problem. If it can be remedied with counseling and meds for anxiety, Yaaay! I just want relief.

Last edited by Kendra01; 07-20-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
(male)

MykeT HB User

i have problem with also, i can't control myself during conversation. i but in easily and i can't stop myself interacting...

Old 03-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
(female)

Fashion nana HB User
Unhappy Re: conversion disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by icm View Post
does anyone else ever been dignoised with conversion disorder i was on june 30th. its caused by stress.instead of having stress like others mine came out through body symtoms.i was having stroke/seizure symtoms and even more health condtions .i even showed signs of ms where i couldn't move my hands .i now have to see a psychtrist and have therapy to get well.i have avoid all stresses in everyday life.i also have had weakness,fatigue,and i have a hard time multi-tasking now. if anyone has heard of this or has it i would love to hear back from you.... kelly
Hello Kelly I am new to this site ! I want you to know that you are not alone I have been facing the same stroke/ seizure symtoms since 05. I have been in and out of hospitals when this conversion disorder took over my life. I am 42 years old and now I am on disabilty due to this disorder . I am not able to drive due to this. I feel so trapped at times. It truly has been hard on my Husband taking care of me but thank god he has given up on me. With this disorder I often feel less of a women a wife a mother and Nana . A lot of years have passed by and I am still this way. I am so sorry to hear that you are facing the same symptoms my heart and prayers go out to you and your love ones. It has surly been a long road for us and still is I go to a mental doctor take my Meds and nothing is helping. < edited > You are the only one I have heard of facing the same symptoms. No body knows until they walk in your shoes and believe me I am walking in your same shoes I hope that we both can be help to each other . I hope to here from you and God Bless!!!"

Last edited by hb-mod; 03-07-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Please do not post, or request contact information, such as email address, phone or name.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
(female)

Robwen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by icm View Post
Yes i had stroke like symptoms a few years ago and they said that was what i had...although i did not follow up with treatment because of the distance...they were in dallas and im miles away...so im sorry i cant offer advice beyond saying you arent alone.

Closed Thread