It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

Zoloft and memory loss

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2000, 08:17 AM   #1
zanybird

zanybird HB User
Zoloft and memory loss

Has anyone experienced memory loss while on zoloft?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2000, 11:51 AM   #2
rt3413

rt3413 HB User
Re: Zoloft and memory loss

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zanybird:
<B>Has anyone experienced memory loss while on zoloft?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno I just started to take it over the last month. I am up to 50 mg. My doc wants me up to about 100mg, but it takes time for the body to get used to this stuff. I can say that even though I am not forgetting things, I am having some, not a lot, but some diffuculty remembering when things took place. If that makes any sense.

KevinO

Old 12-03-2001, 02:57 AM   #3
vin1127

vin1127 HB User

Yes, Ive noticed that my memory is not the sharpest since taking Zoloft, been on 75mg for 8 mos. now.

Old 12-08-2001, 11:51 PM   #4
SquidsWife

SquidsWife HB User

I was only on Zoloft for about 3 months, but worked my way up to 100mg in a matter of 3 or 4 weeks. I did have memory loss, and as the drug worked its way into my system, I began having violent mood swings as well. It works differently for everyone though, I hope it works for you.

------------------
*~Heather~*
EDD 3.16.02

Old 01-08-2002, 02:45 AM   #5
timbers

timbers HB User

I have been on zoloft for 5 months 50mg and I have to leave notes to remind my self of things to do. thinking about changing. Did remeron for a year, all i noticed with that is my pants got alot tighter. gained about 35 pounds. not a good thing especically when your already depressed gaining weight doesn't help any. hope that helps.

------------------
walters

Old 01-17-2002, 06:44 AM   #6
dazedhippie83

dazedhippie83 HB User

When I was on Zoloft (50mg, then it was increased to 75mg) I had a <I>very</I> bad memory. I was on it for about 6 months. I haven't taken it for maybe a year, but the things that happened when I was on it are kind of fuzzy, and there's a lot of things that happened that I really don't remember.

------------------
"You have to forget about what other people say, when you're supposed to die, or when you're supposed to be loving. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven." -Jimi Hendrix

Old 02-27-2002, 10:03 PM   #7
tmonkey52000

tmonkey52000 HB User

Hi, everyone! I have been on Zoloft for almost 5 years and don't know if the memory loss is from age (49-50) or from the meds but it sure has been exaggerated! What has anyone else heard from a physician about this? What about sex drive? I don't have any!
Timmye

Old 03-14-2002, 06:05 PM   #8
beaglelady

beaglelady HB User

Hi.
I've been taking zoloft for a few years now. 150mg per day, I was to my therapist yesterday and he upped it to 200mg per day.
I did relay concerns about memory loss. He told me it was quite common and that it is a combination of meds, and stress. Now that I know that.....it doesn't help..still can't remember squat!!
J.

Old 03-14-2002, 06:07 PM   #9
beaglelady

beaglelady HB User

Oh yeah, your other question regarding sex drive and zoloft.....what is sex drive????? LOL
Obviously, the drug has that effect on me too.
J

Old 05-09-2002, 12:02 PM   #10
emandems25

emandems25 HB User

I am glad to see that others are experiencing memory loss as well. I thought it was just me - I had mentioned it to my doctor and he had never heard of that being a side effect. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is - memory loss or inability to concentrate. I was on it about 5 years ago and had the same thing happen. I just started taking Zoloft again last summer, and sure enough, I am experiencing the memory loss (both short-term and long-term). I am at a loss. I have tried other anti-depressants, but nothing else worked as well as Zoloft, as far as taking the edge off, but then I have to deal with this problem. It even effects me at my job in that I easily forget stuff and find it hard to concentrate sometimes. Is there anything out there to counter the "spacyness?" I have tried cutting back on the dosage (150 down to 100), but then I feel my edginess coming back. Anyone else experiencing this?

Old 05-09-2002, 03:38 PM   #11
zanybird

zanybird HB User

I am now taking 100mg zoloft (went down from 150mg - too spacy) and also take 150mg wellbutrin sr...it is supposed to help with side effects of zoloft...like sex drive...and weight gain....i havent noticed much difference except that i am not always as hungry as before....and i STILL forget things...but its only been about a month or so and i dont know if its coz im in my 40s etc....so i dont know..but i do know that im making more mistakes these days..and i never used to...so perhaps it is a fogginess more than a memory loss?

Closed Thread