It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

aystar85 HB User
Exclamation I don't know what is happening to me and why?

It's been a month now that i have has some scary thoughts that popped in my head about my hurting my family, i love them so much i would never ever do anything to hurt them, they are my best friends. I spend hours searching what is happening to me, and i hate it, i want my life back. I can't concentrate in school i can't go out anymore because i am constantly thinking about this, and i carry this guilt with me all the time. Then i feel what if i lose control, or what if i want to, then i hear my own voice telling me :just do it and get it over with, then the thoughts will go away" and i say *** is going on in my head i would never hurt a living thing especially not people i love and adore. I just want these thoughts and scary images to go away, i don;t know if it's it's OCD, or a chemical imbalance, or what the hell it is. I hate it. Please help any advise would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2010, 02:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: I don't know what is happening to me and why?

Do you know what precipitated these thoughts? Did you have an argument or something with your family? What was happening when the thought came into your mind? A good thought-stopping method would be to yell, "No!", when these negative thoughts come to mind. It takes a little bit of practice but it does work. I suppose you could develop OCD if you let these thoughts take over but it is too early to say you are OCD. Usually other OC behaviors will be present as well. If anything, it sounds like you could have some depression going on. How is your mood other than these thoughts? Do you have anxiety? Are you on any other medications or are you taking illicit drugs?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
(female)

aystar85 HB User

I think it is depression because i have all the symptoms, the feeling of lost, feeling like in a fog, that gut feeling you just hate. And what triggered these thoughts i really don't know i'm 25 years old why would something so crazy pop in my head now, i've been in arguments with my family many times before and this never occured, why now?

These thoughts came about 2 months ago when i was going to school at University of san diego my first semester there, and i was having a hard time wth them because they wanted so much money from me and i don;t have that kind of money to give them, they wanted 10,000 dollars, i live with my parents so they got mad at me and told me not to go to that school from the beggening because all private schools are the same crap. But i didn't listen i went to the school thinking i was 100% covered by financial aid. I got these thougths pop in my head in school after i found out of the bill and i started crying because how can i think so a thing about my precious family. and ever since then they haven't went away. Sometimes i think i might be some psycopath, but i've always been against killing or any nature. What happened i don't know why? So i dropped from that dumb school, and now i go to a local community college, not knowing where i'm going next. My depression is so bad and so is my anxiety, sometimes i have the urge to just do somthing stupid but i hold myself back because that is not who i am. I am an honest lovalbe, caring person. And i hate what is happening to me, i just want my life back. If you can tell me what is happing to me please.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aystar85 View Post
It's been a month now that i have has some scary thoughts that popped in my head about my hurting my family, i love them so much i would never ever do anything to hurt them, they are my best friends. I spend hours searching what is happening to me, and i hate it, i want my life back. I can't concentrate in school i can't go out anymore because i am constantly thinking about this, and i carry this guilt with me all the time. Then i feel what if i lose control, or what if i want to, then i hear my own voice telling me :just do it and get it over with, then the thoughts will go away" and i say *** is going on in my head i would never hurt a living thing especially not people i love and adore. I just want these thoughts and scary images to go away, i don;t know if it's it's OCD, or a chemical imbalance, or what the hell it is. I hate it. Please help any advise would be great.
Do lots of good things instead. Do things that cause happiness to others and nothing but their happiness. I also agree with searchin don't allow an argument or a complaint or any other thing that would cause someone unhappiness.

Last edited by sjb; 11-01-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

You may actually be bipolar. We all have thoughts we don't like at one time or another. Some not so severe but we just have to recognize them as such--thoughts and nothing else. Better get evaluated before the depression gets out of hand. Quite a lot of students go through a bit of depression just because of all the stress of financial burdens and studying, etc. Sincerely, searchin

Old 11-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Leo123 HB UserLeo123 HB User

First of all sweetie I want you to know that almost of everybody in the history of humanity no matter how soft and loving that person is, has probably had a random thought of violence pop into their heads at one time or another, especially directed at another family member. I myself have had it many time even though I know there is no way in a million years I would ever harm anyone in my family.

Second of all I can just tell by the way you've described yourself in this thread that you are a very loving and tender person and that the same most especially goes for you.

Now it appears a little obvious to me that there is a little bit of resentment that you may hold towards your parents and the current state of you schooling situation. And its possible that this resentment may have precipitated this initial random thought that came into your mind.

But I don't want you to panic, I promise you that you are not a psycho and that your not going to all of sudden butcher your parents. Its obvious to me that you have developed an anxiety/OCD triggered by this thought that freaked you out so much. In reality most people with anxiety, actually have an OCD of their thought process in a manner of speaking, let me explain.

You being the kind loving person that you are got so freaked by this random thought (like oh my how could I even think such a thing), that you began to believe that you are possibly crazy and then of course you became so scared of this thought, that the thought/idea manifested itself over and over again and your almost letting this thought completely control you. Where as another person would just have said ok I had this thought I know its just a thought and I would never do such a thing and move on with his or her life.

Well, this is no different than a person who has developed say an anxiety of dying. They allow a random thought of death (which rubbed them in the wrong way) to control them and then of course it also manifests itself into the repeating thought of constantly dying and then manifest itself even more as your though did, into something like I must be doomed to die sometime very soon which is I why I had the thought to begin with. Then they start thinking about how they will die and it scares them so much, that instead of not thinking about it and putting it out of their minds what happens is, is that the anxiety just takes control of them and makes them think about death and dying over and over again (same as you with your anxiety, just a different OCD though).

But really the anxiety is an OCD thought of death repeating over and over again in their minds, to where most people may think a thought or two about death, but then be able to put it to the side and move on with
their lives.

Trust me sweetie you are not crazy and will not kill your family (actually that fact that this thought bothered you so much, testifies to your loving nature, like how could I ever think such a thing), you have simply developed an anxiety/OCD as it relates to these thoughts. You are making yourself believe that your mind is telling you all these thoughts and that you are going crazy same as most people who develop all sorts of anxieties. When in fact that it is really the anxiety that is causing these thoughts to re occur and not allowing you to let go and move on.

Trust me you are not crazy and don't want to kill your parents and you just need to tell yourself that I'm a living breathing, thinking human being and sometimes weird thoughts may pop into my head, but I know the difference between a thought and actually doing something and I know that is something I would never and could never do.

Enjoy your life and do great in college and try to put this behind, but I promise you that you are dealing with a case of anxiety as it relates to these thoughts and that is why they are re occurring.

Try coming to this realization which is the truth and hopefully you can rationalize this anxiety away and whenever you get a thought of this nature just ignore and tell yourself its just a stupid though brought on by my anxiety of the thought and I hope you will be able to move on soon.

Believe me you can and will get over this (its the fear you have to overcome first and remind
yourself that you have nothing to fear from your random thoughts).

Also prayer helps a lot if you don't mind my saying. That ask God to take away the fear and allow you to move one.

You know yourself and you know that you would never harm your parents and I promise you that just having a thought of doing that won't make you become a zombie and kill them. If I had done even 10% of the nad thoughts that came into my head, I might be considered worse than manson, but of course I know I would never do such things.

Sorry for being so long and I hope my reply made some sense to you, sometimes I tend to get all over the place in replies and I don't end up getting the point of my post across.

Let me know if you have any questions or there is anything else that you would like to share, I'm here to listed.

God Bless

Last edited by Leo123; 11-02-2010 at 07:28 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leo123 For This Useful Post:
aystar85 (11-03-2010)
Old 11-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #7
(female)

aystar85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo123 View Post
First of all sweetie I want you to know that almost of everybody in the history of humanity no matter how soft and loving that person is, has probably had a random thought of violence pop into their heads at one time or another, especially directed at another family member. I myself have had it many time even though I know there is no way in a million years I would ever harm anyone in my family.

Second of all I can just tell by the way you've described yourself in this thread that you are a very loving and tender person and that the same most especially goes for you.

Now it appears a little obvious to me that there is a little bit of resentment that you may hold towards your parents and the current state of you schooling situation. And its possible that this resentment may have precipitated this initial random thought that came into your mind.

But I don't want you to panic, I promise you that you are not a psycho and that your not going to all of sudden butcher your parents. Its obvious to me that you have developed an anxiety/OCD triggered by this thought that freaked you out so much. In reality most people with anxiety, actually have an OCD of their thought process in a manner of speaking, let me explain.

You being the kind loving person that you are got so freaked by this random thought (like oh my how could I even think such a thing), that you began to believe that you are possibly crazy and then of course you became so scared of this thought, that the thought/idea manifested itself over and over again and your almost letting this thought completely control you. Where as another person would just have said ok I had this thought I know its just a thought and I would never do such a thing and move on with his or her life.

Well, this is no different than a person who has developed say an anxiety of dying. They allow a random thought of death (which rubbed them in the wrong way) to control them and then of course it also manifests itself into the repeating thought of constantly dying and then manifest itself even more as your though did, into something like I must be doomed to die sometime very soon which is I why I had the thought to begin with. Then they start thinking about how they will die and it scares them so much, that instead of not thinking about it and putting it out of their minds what happens is, is that the anxiety just takes control of them and makes them think about death and dying over and over again (same as you with your anxiety, just a different OCD though).

But really the anxiety is an OCD thought of death repeating over and over again in their minds, to where most people may think a thought or two about death, but then be able to put it to the side and move on with
their lives.

Trust me sweetie you are not crazy and will not kill your family (actually that fact that this thought bothered you so much, testifies to your loving nature, like how could I ever think such a thing), you have simply developed an anxiety/OCD as it relates to these thoughts. You are making yourself believe that your mind is telling you all these thoughts and that you are going crazy same as most people who develop all sorts of anxieties. When in fact that it is really the anxiety that is causing these thoughts to re occur and not allowing you to let go and move on.

Trust me you are not crazy and don't want to kill your parents and you just need to tell yourself that I'm a living breathing, thinking human being and sometimes weird thoughts may pop into my head, but I know the difference between a thought and actually doing something and I know that is something I would never and could never do.

Enjoy your life and do great in college and try to put this behind, but I promise you that you are dealing with a case of anxiety as it relates to these thoughts and that is why they are re occurring.

Try coming to this realization which is the truth and hopefully you can rationalize this anxiety away and whenever you get a thought of this nature just ignore and tell yourself its just a stupid though brought on by my anxiety of the thought and I hope you will be able to move on soon.

Believe me you can and will get over this (its the fear you have to overcome first and remind
yourself that you have nothing to fear from your random thoughts).

Also prayer helps a lot if you don't mind my saying. That ask God to take away the fear and allow you to move one.

You know yourself and you know that you would never harm your parents and I promise you that just having a thought of doing that won't make you become a zombie and kill them. If I had done even 10% of the nad thoughts that came into my head, I might be considered worse than manson, but of course I know I would never do such things.

Sorry for being so long and I hope my reply made some sense to you, sometimes I tend to get all over the place in replies and I don't end up getting the point of my post across.

Let me know if you have any questions or there is anything else that you would like to share, I'm here to listed.

God Bless
Thanks for replying LEO123, have you eve had thoughts of hurting you parents/family with knives and crazy stuff like that, have you ever had the urge to just get up and do it, whic i will never do, when that happens to me my heart starts racing and i want to cry but i hold it in and calm myself down- that's probably a panic attack. Sometimes i say to myself i just want to see if i can or see how it feels but that's not me saying these things but my voice telling me this, and when tht happens i say NO NO NO! shut up" It hurts so much to go day by day like this, i hate myself and i just want to be normal again, i'm 25 years old and this is all new to me. i know i'm not a killer, i know that is not me, it's not who i am. Could i be deveopling some mental disorder or something, or do i have an imbalance int he brain, or hormone levels are different. Viatmin definancy- would St. John's wort work? please if someone can answer each question maturly i would really appreciate it.
Thank you

Old 11-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Can you tell exactly how you feel when these thoughts are manifesting in your mind.

For example are they just random thoughts coming into your mind that you cant control but no emotion is attached to them (Other than fear of the actualt thoughts) or are you feeling any type of resentment of anger towards anyone in your family when you are having these thoughts. Other than anxiety from the thought please share with me all your emotions, anger, sadness, etc..

How often do these thoughts occur daily, every few days, many time a day, etc...

And was 1 month ago when this started the "first" time you have ever had such a thought? I mean never before "even once" did you have a thought like that.

Oh and when you did first have this thought, were you upset with your parents in regards to the schooling situation?

Please advise:

And yes I have had many thoghts over the years of hurting my parents come into my mind. Like for example my mom has made me so mad, that I think I could just smash her in the face at times, or my sister, or my dad as well. (Again like you I know I would never do it, but I sure thought about it) As far the way you describe it,>>>>
I'll have to write more later, I'm at work right now and something just happended.

Answer some of my questions first. Thanks

Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
(female)

aystar85 HB User
Unhappy Re: I don't know what is happening to me and why?

Quote:
Can you tell exactly how you feel when these thoughts are manifesting in your mind.

For example are they just random thoughts coming into your mind that you cant control but no emotion is attached to them (Other than fear of the actualt thoughts) or are you feeling any type of resentment of anger towards anyone in your family when you are having these thoughts. Other than anxiety from the thought please share with me all your emotions, anger, sadness, etc..

How often do these thoughts occur daily, every few days, many time a day, etc...

And was 1 month ago when this started the "first" time you have ever had such a thought? I mean never before "even once" did you have a thought like that.

Oh and when you did first have this thought, were you upset with your parents in regards to the schooling situation?

Please advise:

And yes I have had many thoghts over the years of hurting my parents come into my mind. Like for example my mom has made me so mad, that I think I could just smash her in the face at times, or my sister, or my dad as well. (Again like you I know I would never do it, but I sure thought about it) As far the way you describe it,>>>>
I'll have to write more later, I'm at work right now and something just happended.

Answer some of my questions first. Thanks

When these thoughts come, i am angry at myself they make me sick, i feel like crying when they come, and i hate it, they just come out of nowhere, my family has done nothing but be so supportive of everything, they still take care of me and i'm 25, i wish i can do more for them, but i need to finish school to help them out, i also don't have a job, and this is the very first time this came upon me, it's something new to me, and i just want them to go away, and i don't know how. I'e told my parents about them and my dad says it's because of my situation. But i've been in worst situations and this never ever occured. And it does NOT come when i am arguing with anyone they just out of nowhere usually when i am sitting down on the computer. tell me what is that all about, and how can i be normal again. Please
Thank you

Old 11-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

That's really good that you've shared with your parents this whole situation your experiencing.

First of all I feel so bad that you are being so tormented by this anxiety. I want you to know that I totally know the way you are feeling because I've been tormented myself by similar anxiety and re-occuring thoughts and I want you to remember this "that there is light at the end of the tunnel and tomorrow is another day, you won't always feel this way".

Please remember that and you will get beyond this, a lot of times what happens to us anxiety sufferers is that we think we will always be in this state of mind and its simply not true, tomorrow when you wake up, just take a look at how beautiful life is, look at the trees and nature, flowers, think of the great family you've been blessed with who love you and you them so much. And just thank God for being alive to experience it.

Please know that there are other people out there who have been through what you are going through now and that you are not alone and not crazy, I promise you.

Back to what I think is going on with you and tell me if this makes sense: I really believe you are making yourself think these thoughts out of your fear and anxiety from them.

Did what I say below make sense to you, about how a person who suffers constant re-occuring thoughts of death, aging, dying, or having some sickness is any way exactly the same thing you are going through.

Like a person who is a hypochondriac is constantly thinking about being sick with some disease or they are dying from some form of cancer and they just can't get that thoiught out of their minds. They feel a little bump on their body and all of sudden they believe it some rare form of cancer, or they feel tired and read that drowsiness is a symptom of this rare form of cancer and then they become even more sure they have it, and they can't stop thinking about death or how it will feel to die.

Of course they don't wish to die or have cancer (just like you don't wish to kill your parents), but they constantly keep having "thoughts" about death "pop into their minds". Same as your anxiety is causing you to keep thinking all the thoughts that you dread. And just like your thoughts are becoming more manifested for example you say that you are getting thoughts of your mind telling yourself to just go and kill your parents, well a person who has anxiety of death also start getting more intense thoughts of death and they feel like they are getting premonitions of death, and all sorts of thoughts.

Here is what I'm hoping will happen for you as it happens to many people who get anxieties or start thinking they are going crazy and that is eventually you will get sick of burdening yourself daily with all this nonsense and come to the realization that you are causing these thoughts to re-occur and that you just to need to move on with your life and stop thinking about this all day.

So before I go on, do you think what I'm saying makes sense. Do you see how you are suffering from an anxiety in a manner of speaking and that this anxiety is causing you to keep thinking and burdening yourself with these thoughts, same as a person who has anxiety about dying burdening and worrying themselves in the same way, just wishing the can be themselves again and stop thinking about dying all the time. Just like the person who keeps thinking about death doesn't really want to die or even think about it for that matter, yet in spite of that they keep having those thoughts of death "pop into their minds", just like you keep having your thoughts

Do you see the connection? Does that kinda make sense to you?

Last edited by Leo123; 11-03-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
(female)

aystar85 HB User

Quote:
That's really good that you've shared with your parents this whole situation your experiencing.

First of all I feel so bad that you are being so tormented by this anxiety. I want you to know that I totally know the way you are feeling because I've been tormented myself by similar anxiety and re-occuring thoughts and I want you to remember this "that there is light at the end of the tunnel and tomorrow is another day, you won't always feel this way".

Please remember that and you will get beyond this, a lot of times what happens to us anxiety sufferers is that we think we will always be in this state of mind and its simply not true, tomorrow when you wake up, just take a look at how beautiful life is, look at the trees and nature, flowers, think of the great family you've been blessed with who love you and you them so much. And just thank God for being alive to experience it.

Please know that there are other people out there who have been through what you are going through now and that you are not alone and not crazy, I promise you.

Back to what I think is going on with you and tell me if this makes sense: I really believe you are making yourself think these thoughts out of your fear and anxiety from them.

Did what I say below make sense to you, about how a person who suffers constant re-occuring thoughts of death, aging, dying, or having some sickness is any way exactly the same thing you are going through.

Like a person who is a hypochondriac is constantly thinking about being sick with some disease or they are dying from some form of cancer and they just can't get that thoiught out of their minds. They feel a little bump on their body and all of sudden they believe it some rare form of cancer, or they feel tired and read that drowsiness is a symptom of this rare form of cancer and then they become even more sure they have it, and they can't stop thinking about death or how it will feel to die.

Of course they don't wish to die or have cancer (just like you don't wish to kill your parents), but they constantly keep having "thoughts" about death "pop into their minds". Same as your anxiety is causing you to keeping thinking all the thoughts that you dread. And just like your thoughts are becoming more manifested for example you say that you are getting thoughts of your mind telling yourself to just go and kill your parents, well a person who has anxiety of death also start getting more intense thoughts of death and they feel like they are getting premonitions of death, and all sorts of thoughts.

Here is what I'm hoping will happen for you as it happens to all of people who get anxieties of start thinking they are going crazy and that is eventually you will get sick of burdening yourself daily with all this nonsense and come to the realization that you are causing these thoughts to re-occur and that you just to need to move on with your life and stop thinking about this all day.

So before I go on, do you think what I'm saying makes sense. Do you see how you are suffering from an anxiety in a manner of speaking and that this anxiety is causing you to keep thinking and burdening yourself with these thoughts, same as a person who has anxiety about dying burdening and worrying themselves in the same way, just wishing the can be themselves again and stop thinking about dying all the time.

Do you see the connection?

Everything you said so far makes a lot of sense, because before this happened to me i deveopled anxiety when we moved to Las Vegas, i would think that i had every disease in the world and whenever i would get a bump on my body i would think it's cancer, and i would get a lot of panic attacks at night because i would think i was going to die in my sleep, it was a scary thing that i went through but i got over it and now this happens, which i prefer to keep thinking i had every disease under the sun instead of this dumb thought and image. Ughhh sucks when you're in it. So maybe what you say is right. By the way are you a psychologist? seems like you are, i do feel better that i am no psychopath killer, it's funny because all my life i've been against killing, i've even been against death row because i feel only God can judge who lives or dies, this is what i use to think and i was never the type to ever think such things, and i would barely lose my temper, very soft spoken person, and polite, but now seems like that person is gone. ANd i still feel like i'm going crazy, although i know i will NEVER EVER EVER hurt my family they are worth too much for me to ruin that, and i would never ever take anyone's life away i see it if i like to live life so does everyone else.
Do you think it's a chemical imbalance?
Do you think i will ever be cured and be back to the way i used to be NORMAL?
Are you free from intrusive thoughts, or do they still bother you from time to time?
Mine is 24/7 i hate it.
Please let me know more
I want to cure myself 100%
Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Thanks for replying LEO123, have you eve had thoughts of hurting you parents/family with knives and crazy stuff like that, have you ever had the urge to just get up and do it, whic i will never do, when that happens to me my heart starts racing and i want to cry but i hold it in and calm myself down- that's probably a panic attack. Sometimes i say to myself i just want to see if i can or see how it feels but that's not me saying these things but my voice telling me this, and when tht happens i say NO NO NO! shut up" It hurts so much to go day by day like this, i hate myself and i just want to be normal again, i'm 25 years old and this is all new to me. i know i'm not a killer, i know that is not me, it's not who i am. Could i be deveopling some mental disorder or something, or do i have an imbalance int he brain, or hormone levels are different. Viatmin definancy- would St. John's wort work? please if someone can answer each question maturly i would really appreciate it.
Thank you
Please let me know if what I said below makes sense to you as to why you keep thinking about these thoughts?

But also explain to me what you mean in this post when you say get the "urge to just get up and do it" how doe you mean "the urge"?

Old 11-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #13
(female)

aystar85 HB User

when i say i get the urge like i have to get up and do something, but i don't get up and do nothing because i feel as if it my anxiety making me feel like this. It's hard to explain but you have this urge feeling, like when someone has OCD they feel they need to do something to let the feeling slide, well the get like a certain urge i don't know what it means but i just go outside and get some air and i feel better afterwards, and this happnes sometimes and i don;t know if this is like a panic attack or paranoa or what it is, do i make sense has this happened to you before?

Old 11-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Everything you said so far makes a lot of sense, because before this happened to me i deveopled anxiety when we moved to Las Vegas, i would think that i had every disease in the world and whenever i would get a bump on my body i would think it's cancer, and i would get a lot of panic attacks at night because i would think i was going to die in my sleep, it was a scary thing that i went through but i got over it and now this happens, which i prefer to keep thinking i had every disease under the sun instead of this dumb thought and image. Ughhh sucks when you're in it. So maybe what you say is right. By the way are you a psychologist? seems like you are, i do feel better that i am no psychopath killer, it's funny because all my life i've been against killing, i've even been against death row because i feel only God can judge who lives or dies, this is what i use to think and i was never the type to ever think such things, and i would barely lose my temper, very soft spoken person, and polite, but now seems like that person is gone. ANd i still feel like i'm going crazy, although i know i will NEVER EVER EVER hurt my family they are worth too much for me to ruin that, and i would never ever take anyone's life away i see it if i like to live life so does everyone else.
Do you think it's a chemical imbalance?
Do you think i will ever be cured and be back to the way i used to be NORMAL?
Are you free from intrusive thoughts, or do they still bother you from time to time?
Mine is 24/7 i hate it.
Please let me know more
I want to cure myself 100%
Thank you for taking the time to help me.
No I'm not a psychologist and I'm so happy to see that you realize the trutj about what these thoughts are.

Yes I still get intrusive thoughts all the time, they don't bother me as much these days as they used to. They're use to be times were I was consumed by intrusive thoughts and so scared and fearful. I have to admit that while I still do get some random intrusive thoughts, I'm able to set them to the side as just that and function and enjoy life. Every once in a while the thought manifests itself into something more like a freak panic attack, but within a few hours and some prayer, I'm back to my old self again.

Some people say we get these anxieties due to some sort of chemical imbalance, I personally am not so sure its that. I think that those of us who usually get anxieties are deeper thinkers than the average joe per say.

Just by the way you write your posts, you like me seem to be a deep thinker of sorts. We always analyze things and probably think more than we should. But I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. I think that on account of all of our thinking that we have a deeper understanding of things than most people and hence for the most part we are also more compassionate people, which is why many things bother us most than most folks.

I also believe that my anxieties were actually a blessing in disguise. For me the anxieties brought upon me a new sense of faith in God my creator. Thanks to my anxieties I now know that I have a personal relationship with the Lord and that I can call upon him anytime and even bigger than that , that when I do call upon him in my darkest hours that the Lord actually hears and responds to my calls. Which to me is so profound that the Creator and Maker of everything actually loves us so much to do that. So to be honest with you as scary and horrific that my anxieties and fears were at there worst, I guess in a way I'm very grateful for them.

My suggestion is this, just try to give it sometime. Don't get all panicked from any intrusive thoughts ( I know that this is easy to say ), but try to just calm yourself and actually not even get bothered by the thoughts. It sounds like your a believer, so pray every morning that God take away these thoughts for you. and just live your life.

Remember you are "not" crazy and just cause you think something does not mean you will do it or. Even feel that way. It sounds like something got a hold of you and if you just relax and call upon God to make these thoughts and whatever is putting them into your mind to stop, you will see that it will. Once you stop fearing it, they will go away on their own. You'll see!

I will pray for you as well.

And please if there is anything else you want to ask or would like to share I'm here for you, so just let me know.

God Bless.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #15
(female)

aystar85 HB User

Quote:
No I'm not a psychologist and I'm so happy to see that you realize the trutj about what these thoughts are.

Yes I still get intrusive thoughts all the time, they don't bother me as much these days as they used to. They're use to be times were I was consumed by intrusive thoughts and so scared and fearful. I have to admit that while I still do get some random intrusive thoughts, I'm able to set them to the side as just that and function and enjoy life. Every once in a while the thought manifests itself into something more like a freak panic attack, but within a few hours and some prayer, I'm back to my old self again.

Some people say we get these anxieties due to some sort of chemical imbalance, I personally am not so sure its that. I think that those of us who usually get anxieties are deeper thinkers than the average joe per say.

Just by the way you write your posts, you like me seem to be a deep thinker of sorts. We always analyze things and probably think more than we should. But I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. I think that on account of all of our thinking that we have a deeper understanding of things than most people and hence for the most part we are also more compassionate people, which is why many things bother us most than most folks.

I also believe that my anxieties were actually a blessing in disguise. For me the anxieties brought upon me a new sense of faith in God my creator. Thanks to my anxieties I now know that I have a personal relationship with the Lord and that I can call upon him anytime and even bigger than that , that when I do call upon him in my darkest hours that the Lord actually hears and responds to my calls. Which to me is so profound that the Creator and Maker of everything actually loves us so much to do that. So to be honest with you as scary and horrific that my anxieties and fears were at there worst, I guess in a way I'm very grateful for them.

My suggestion is this, just try to give it sometime. Don't get all panicked from any intrusive thoughts ( I know that this is easy to say ), but try to just calm yourself and actually not even get bothered by the thoughts. It sounds like your a believer, so pray every morning that God take away these thoughts for you. and just live your life.

Remember you are "not" crazy and just cause you think something does not mean you will do it or. Even feel that way. It sounds like something got a hold of you and if you just relax and call upon God to make these thoughts and whatever is putting them into your mind to stop, you will see that it will. Once you stop fearing it, they will go away on their own. You'll see!

I will pray for you as well.

And please if there is anything else you want to ask or would like to share I'm here for you, so just let me know.

God Bless.

Thank you so much, just talking to you has made me feel a little better.
Just wanted to ask you did you ever have that urge feeling or something like that, like i explained the the earlier post? Just want to know, also how old are you?
Also do you think diet and exercise will help, i am overweight i don't know if that has anything to do with it?

Closed Thread