It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
(female)

daceynay HB User
Unhappy Help me help my boyfriend, please?

My boyfriend has told me that he has had moments in his life (about 5, not many) where he feels like his mind is gone. Today for instance, we were building a gingerbread house, we went to clean it up, and then we went to stand in the kitchen to talk for a while. About 10 minutes later, we went into the living room to sit down, and he looked depressed. I asked him what was wrong, and he told me that everything that happened from the time we were cleaning up our mess, to the time we went back to sit down, he didn't know what happened. He just could not remember. I was sitting on the counter at one point, and he picked me up and lifted me down. He tells me he thought about doing that, but doesn't recall actually doing it, or anything we discussed. this happened once before when he was with me. It really shook him up. He didn't know when/how we got to where we were, or what we were doing. He doesn't know what's going on. Neither do I. Help? It doesn't happen a lot, but enough to confuse, and freak him out a little.

Does anybody know what could be causing this? Or experienced this themselves?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
(female)

Darbaroo HB UserDarbaroo HB User
Re: Help me help my boyfriend, please?

Daceynay..........how old is your boyfriend?.......what medical problems does he have? Is he taking any medications?.......You didn't state any of this information so it's kind of hard to answer this thread.......but I'll try to help yu. Darbaroo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
(female)

daceynay HB User

i'm sorry, i didn't think to state any of that, considering there's not much to say. he's not on any type my medicine, and he doesn't really have any medical conditions. i know he's experienced a bit of head injury when he was younger during a snowboarding accident, but it didn't seem that anything came of it. he's 22 years old.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:04 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Ro man HB User

I think that your BF might be having "an absence seizure"....thats a form of epilepsy, except that the patient isnt loosing his consciousness and produce tonic/clonic jerks, instead he keeps doing what he did and simply "he's not being there", when the fit ends , he doesnt remember anything, he continues his activities like nothing happened before. Your BF might need EEG exams (pls. consult a neurologist) and antiepileptic medication.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-23-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
(female)

Darbaroo HB UserDarbaroo HB User

I totally agree with Ro Man's response!!!! Could be "absence seizure". I do have a friend that does this every once-n-a-while. HOWEVER,........please encourage him to see his physician.....this definitely needs to be addressed asap! God Bless!

Old 11-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Over what time period did the 5 events happen? Perhaps since the snowboarding accident, when did that happen?

While there is no need for alarm, it is something he needs to have addressed and possibly treated for. If this were to happen while he were behind the wheel, the results could be devastating.

Often times just prior to a seizure there will be a sensation, often a smell, a feeling, a taste in the mouth. If he could identify what his trigger is, he could get himself to safety before he looses himself. This can be as simple as sitting down at the first sign of the oncoming seizure.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

i get it sometimes unable to remember whats happened about things even the smallest things. i have got used to it. it no longer freaks me out. speak to a doctor thats best thing.

Closed Thread