It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
(male)

bonzie123 HB User
girlfriend molested at age 8... need advice

I am 16, and my girlfriend is 15, and she has recently told me that she was molested when she was 8 by a good friend of her Family.. She tried to tell her parents at that age but noone would listen.. and she has told me.. i have No idea how to React... she said, "He was sitting beside me at the dinner table, and put his hand on my knee, i didnt know whether to laugh or freak out because i didnt know what was happening. He slowly ran his hand fully up my leg and started rubbing my vagina. I was in a skirt. I was frozen still because i knew it was wrong and couldnt move, he had stopped when my mam told me to eat my food. I excused myself to the bathroom and when i was coming back, he was alone in the sitting room with a really bad look in his eye and walked at me with a Pace, i ran into the kitchen and never saw him again" its obvious it had effected her alot.... i just dont know what to do...

Old 06-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: girlfriend molested at age 8... need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzie123 View Post
i have No idea how to React...
i just dont know what to do...
Hello bonzie,

Be more than a boyfriend,be a "boy-friend."

Be that shoulder for her to cry on,if or when she needs it.....

She needs to feel both safe and comfortable around you.

Respectfully,
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
(female)

Reemaleem HB User
Re: girlfriend molested at age 8... need advice

I'm also sixteen and have grown up being molested and raped by four different people. When I told my boyfriend about it he wouldn't stop asking questions and kept ranting on about how he's gonna find him and hurt him. It bothered me like crazy. Unsuprisingly I broke up with him. Anyways just show her that your there for her and that you'll never hurt her. Make her feel safe and comforted.go at her pace

The following user gives a hug of support to Reemaleem:
Phoenix (09-10-2011)
Closed Thread