It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
(female)

Sari29 HB User
Unhappy OCD and Schizoaffective Disorder

I've had OCD for 7 years now, and I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective a couple months ago. I have OCD about washing and germs. Also I see and hear people. I have been paranoid more than once. Whenever I became paranoid, I've always felt that other people were out to get me. I have a dark side whom I call a evil twin. I'm a good person and I hate my evil twin. Whenever I get really mad at somebody, my evil twin comes out and wants me to do horrible things to that person. But I don't give in, I never give in. I know what's right and what's wrong. When that happens, I have to do behavior therapy with my psychologist and therapist. I will never do anything bad because I'm not that kind person. Ever since I was diagnosed with OCD, I felt like I became a different person. Years ago the old me didn't have any mental health disorders. I'm on medication for my mental health disorders, and I've had many changes on the dosages too. I am doing better with my mental health disorders because the medication is working. When I was hearing voices, I felt that they were really real. I still think that they were real, but everybody including my psychologist, nurse practioner, therapist, and family kept on telling me that they weren't real. One time my primary care doctor asked me what it's like having hallucinations. I tried my best to explain about what it's like having hallucinations to him. I think that it is hard to tell somebody who doesn't have any mental health disorders about what it's like having them. Like I said, I am doing better but I just wish I can go off these meds and be the same person I was a long time ago. But I know that's not going to happen. I was told that I will be on the meds for the rest of my life and I hate that.

Can anybody relate to this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
(female)

denise880 HB User
Re: Does anybody have OCD and Schizoaffective Disorder?

ive had it for about 30 yrs now ocd is bad i got Schizoaffective disorder 8 mths ago,i also pull all my eyebrows and used to pull my lashes out at 6 yrs old. i havea bad person in me too but id never hurt anyone i can really relate good luck i wouldnt wish this condtion on my worst enemy

Old 11-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
(female)

Sari29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise880 View Post
ive had it for about 30 yrs now ocd is bad i got Schizoaffective disorder 8 mths ago,i also pull all my eyebrows and used to pull my lashes out at 6 yrs old. i havea bad person in me too but id never hurt anyone i can really relate good luck i wouldnt wish this condtion on my worst enemy
Thanks for your reply. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who is going through this. Are you on medication for your OCD and Schizoaffective disorder? I am on medication for both of my disorders. I'm on Luvox, Geodon, Prozac, and Lamictal. Some of my meds do seem to help.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
(female)

denise880 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sari29 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who is going through this. Are you on medication for your OCD and Schizoaffective disorder? I am on medication for both of my disorders. I'm on Luvox, Geodon, Prozac, and Lamictal. Some of my meds do seem to help.
yes i gtake enviga thru shot 200 mgs monthley,cymbolta 60 mg dailey and ativan but ativan1 mg when i need one)which is every other day now not by choice,im really suffering god bless you

Old 11-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
(female)

Sari29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise880 View Post
yes i gtake enviga thru shot 200 mgs monthley,cymbolta 60 mg dailey and ativan but ativan1 mg when i need one)which is every other day now not by choice,im really suffering god bless you
I've never heard of enviga and ativan. But I was on Cymbalta for a while, so I have heard of that drug. I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering, I hope that things will get better for you soon. God bless you too.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

The really unfortunate thing about comorbid OCD and schizoaffective disorder is how the medications for the two conditions often are at odds with one another as far as their chemistry. The most common treatment for OCD is SSRIs, which raise levels of serotonin in the brain, but atypical anti-psychotics LOWER serotonin, as well as lowering dopamine. This is just a very sad conundrum. Keep faith that your doctor will find the right medication combo for you. I have suffered from OCD since age 3, and it took me almost 20 years to find the right medication. It is very frustrating, and I greatly sympathize with you. OCD is horrible by itself. Having to deal with that combined with the trials of schizoaffective disorder must be really hard. Hang in there.
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

The Following User Says Thank You to GatsbyLuvr1920 For This Useful Post:
grayhounds3 (02-21-2012)
Old 12-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #7
(female)

Sari29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyLuvr1920 View Post
The really unfortunate thing about comorbid OCD and schizoaffective disorder is how the medications for the two conditions often are at odds with one another as far as their chemistry. The most common treatment for OCD is SSRIs, which raise levels of serotonin in the brain, but atypical anti-psychotics LOWER serotonin, as well as lowering dopamine. This is just a very sad conundrum. Keep faith that your doctor will find the right medication combo for you. I have suffered from OCD since age 3, and it took me almost 20 years to find the right medication. It is very frustrating, and I greatly sympathize with you. OCD is horrible by itself. Having to deal with that combined with the trials of schizoaffective disorder must be really hard. Hang in there.
-GatsbyLuvr1920-
It is hard having 2 mental health disorders at the same time. There are times where I can't keep my OCD under control. I do have the Schizoaffective Disorder under control. I'm taking medication for both. The medication I'm on are: Prozac, Lamictal, Luvox, and Geodon. Sometimes the medication does work, and I do therapy with my therapist every 2 weeks. Also I see my Psychologist every 4 weeks, and I see my Nurse Practioner every month too.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
(female)

wendydenise88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sari29 View Post
I've never heard of enviga and ativan. But I was on Cymbalta for a while, so I have heard of that drug. I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering, I hope that things will get better for you soon. God bless you too.
thank you

Closed Thread