It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
(female)

kalisz HB User
not sure what I am

Hi,

I am new here and this is my 1st post.
I was diagnosed as bipolar 7 years ago and I am still lost about that.

I was seen by a psych, at 30 years old. I just go divorced, which, I was told, was the trigger. I went on trips and spent my nights dancing. 10 months later I was in a hospital, locked up, with severe depression.
It was decided I was bipolar, put on lithium - which never goes to therapeutical level for me. Then, my psych said she was done with me, send my file over to a MD who - everytime I have a question - has to check the answers on his computer.
So, now, 7 years later, I am mildly depressed most of the time. I am able to function, I am the main "bread winner" in my household. I cant afford to stay in bed if I feel anxious or depressed.
I just dont understand if lithium is really the answer and I am not sure what type of bipolar disorder I have.
I also, had an episode in my teens, also triggered by very stressfull situation.
Does any of you recognize this? Thank you for reading.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User
Re: not sure what I am

Hi there its Tinkerbell45 here. I read your post and some of it sounds EXACTLY what life i was living until i found the right dr and i know you know this is NOT easy. I was on lithium for awhile but all i wanted to do was stay in the bed and i couldnt do that either. So i went to a group of drs that had a physciarist and counseling there and we started from scratch. Turns out,for me,i neede to be on a mood stabilizer AND an antidepressant and i go to counseling once a month. It was NOT a piece of cake it took ALOT of time and effort on my part and the drs part to tweek my meds and everything. But i still ended up disabled because of all of the medication issues with my job and also in the process of trying to get my meds right i was put on a drug called remeron i loved it ended up i could not stay on it cause i had RAPID weight gain within a two month period we are talking 60 pounds and my little body frame couldnt take that so i went off the drug tried REALLY hard to lose the weight and i did lose some of the weight but not enough fast enough so i ended up having both of my knees replaced.I know some people think its an excuse its not it was living hell and at the time there was not alot of difference between the mental and physical anguish.By the way i am 46 years old don't know if you need that fact and i have been disabled for 10 years.Please feel free to write back to me anytime i will help you any way possible. Until next time TAKE CARE!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerbell45 For This Useful Post:
kalisz (08-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread