It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
(female)

diznee25 HB User
Memory Lapses: Your Thoughts Please!

Just a little background: I'm 32, and have been doing weird things. I like to call them "memory lapses" or "brain fog." I experience things like this everyday, and it's been going on for 3 months now. Here's a sample list:

- I drove through an intersection without yielding to Stop Sign. My husband was with me, and said something once we were halfway through. But I just got confused for a few seconds and didn't realize what I did.

- I went to the kitchen to get a drink of water. I went over to the silverware drawer, opened it and realized that's not where we keep the glasses.

- I got dressed one morning and held up an undergarment to put it on. Confusion came over me, and I couldn't remember how to put it on. My husband told me it was upside down, but I was still confused as to how to flip it around. Ten seconds later the confusion went away and I remembered out to put it on.

- I was writing a grocery list, and once I was at the store looking at it, I realized I had written the word 'milk' 3 times on the list. (Once at the beginning, in the middle, and at the end of the list.)

- When cooking dinner I'm leaving out steps.

- Grabbing hot things from oven without putting on oven mitts.

- I have mis read threads on forum boards I visit. I'll read, then post an answer and realize that I totally mis read the question, and my answer makes no sense.

I am also experiencing forgetfulness, like leaving my car keys at the cashier counter, etc.

Next week I see a neurologist, and hopefully she can give me some answers.
The things I'm doing are not me. I just don't feel like myself anymore.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'm all ears!

diznee25

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread