Just a little background: I'm 32, and have been doing weird things. I like to call them "memory lapses" or "brain fog." I experience things like this everyday, and it's been going on for 3 months now. Here's a sample list:
- I drove through an intersection without yielding to Stop Sign. My husband was with me, and said something once we were halfway through. But I just got confused for a few seconds and didn't realize what I did.
- I went to the kitchen to get a drink of water. I went over to the silverware drawer, opened it and realized that's not where we keep the glasses.
- I got dressed one morning and held up an undergarment to put it on. Confusion came over me, and I couldn't remember how to put it on. My husband told me it was upside down, but I was still confused as to how to flip it around. Ten seconds later the confusion went away and I remembered out to put it on.
- I was writing a grocery list, and once I was at the store looking at it, I realized I had written the word 'milk' 3 times on the list. (Once at the beginning, in the middle, and at the end of the list.)
- When cooking dinner I'm leaving out steps.
- Grabbing hot things from oven without putting on oven mitts.
- I have mis read threads on forum boards I visit. I'll read, then post an answer and realize that I totally mis read the question, and my answer makes no sense.
I am also experiencing forgetfulness, like leaving my car keys at the cashier counter, etc.
Next week I see a neurologist, and hopefully she can give me some answers.
The things I'm doing are not me. I just don't feel like myself anymore.
If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'm all ears!