It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

SaydeeBug HB User
Unhappy Communication Issues

I am a young teen, and have just started my freshman year of high school. Also I have gone through a break up a couple months ago with a guy I've been with for a very long time. These may be possibilities of my depression, of course.
I have always been a very introverted person. My parents have always kept me with a small amount of people that only they approve of. Recently, I've lost every one of my friends. It has been many many months since I've last had an actual "friend." I've gotten VERY insecure about this at school. I don't go to lunch anymore; I hide in the bathroom, even at the risk of getting caught skipping and getting suspended. In classes, I look at my book only and try not to make eye contact. When people talk to me, I never know what to say. Especially to compliments. I am a nice person to be around, I just can't get a grip around new people quickly. I really would like some advice, because I've gotten the point of crying myself asleep every night and wanting to go back into my old habits of cutting my wrists. (By the way, I don't look like I do that stuff at all, so that's definitely not what turns people off.) Help, please. Obviously, every teenage girl needs a friend around every once in a while.

Last edited by mod85; 10-13-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Communication Issues

Hi, Saydee,
I wish I had an easy answer for you. Being a teenager is hard, I remember!
I understand the need to have friends, that is something that never goes away no matter how old we get. The problem is, the way you are acting is not going to get you any.
If people talk to you and you don't know to say, just ask them a question. Something simple like, oh I like your shoes, where did you get them? and then just try to build on the conversation.
Maybe it would be a good idea for you to see the school guidance counselor. You sound like such a special girl and I hear that you are hurting, and the last thing anyone wants you to do is hurt yourself!
((hugs)) to you, honey. Do you have a parent or relative you can open up to?

God bless you, Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
(female)

SaydeeBug HB User

Thanks Sue. I've seen a counselor months back but never seemed to help me much. I wish I had an adult I could talk to about this, but they all just tell me to get over it, I'm a teenager and it doesn't matter. I understand why they would say that, but I just want to feel better.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

Saydee I'm not a therapist but you can talk to me whenever you want.

Sue

Closed Thread